Posts by alphaxono

anyone can help here? thanks.
No the bass is not distorted.   I played a bit with the 4K and I moved the notch all the way and like that even more. Weird.   But what I am wondering is if there are any IEMs that have that sound signature.    
I was just playing around with the Equalizer of iTunes and this is the setting that I like for many types of music that I listen to. Maybe based on this someone can steer me...
So if:   EX1000 > ER4S Zo + ER4S = EX1000 Zo + EX1000 > ER4S then Zo + EX1000 > Zo + ER4S   True? Thanks for all your input.
So basically what I am reading is that the Sony EX1000 is not going to be a step up towards audio nirvana compared to the Etymotic 4P + Zo?
What I hated about the IE8 was that the sound seemed "veiled" or muffled...i felt like the singer was actually performing in a room next to me...if that makes sense. I remember listening to Adele on the IE8 and comparing it to the Etymotic 4p and the Triple.Fi 10s and I could not believe my ears. The Etys and the TF10s made me feel like I was next to her and the IE8 made me feel like i'm at a concert and listening to her through speakers. The TF10s and Etys sounded...
To be honest I don't want to carry around another Device i.e an Amp. I just want a very nice pair of IEMs that will bring tears to my ears. From what I understand the CK10 and Ortofon IEMs are from japan and overpriced in the US. I will be travelling from europe to the US over christmas and was looking to buy some quality IEMs in Dollars instead of Euros. So naturally I started to look at the Westone 3 and the Westone 4. But I am afraid to shell out the money and be...
I currently use my beloved Etymotic 4P IEMs with Custom Tips which I was happy with for a long time. But lately I have been longing for more Bass weight especially when I listen to R&B, Pop or TripHop.   I have listened to the Sennheiser IE8 which I hated and the Triple.Fi 10 which I did like but the fit was just horrible.   So are there any IEMs out there that have bass punch and weight like TF10 (or even more) but the clarity and treble of the Etys? I was...
Now I tried the Sennheiser ie8 and the Triple.fi 10. The ie8 has a nice warm sound but I realized I am more of a V shape listener. Im more into detail than mids. So the triple.fi should be the one right? But I feel like I am missing something here. With the ety's I was always amazed about something new I heard in the background and the detail was UNBELIEVABLE and I love them but they do lack the bass punch that the triple.fi and the ie8 have plus they are somewhat...
I agree that the bass of the ety's are precise but I need to feel it too, especially when it comes to music where you are supposed to feel it. I would never trade-in my ety's for listening to artists like Kings of Convenience or unplugged albums. The level of details still amazes me after 3 years. For now I ordered the Sennheiser IE8 and maybe I will compare them to the triple.fi 10 because everyone keeps raving about them. Wondering if the triple.fi comes even close to...