Posts by velvet undergrd

Hi guys, got an IQube v1 who needs a new home. Bought it from a fellow head-fier in march last yr. I got it w/ the intention of driving my alessandros on the go, but i got meself a pair of miracles in the end and i've been favouring the convenience of my customs straight out of my ipod rather than having to lug the IQube around with my iphone. Thus it's time to find her an owner who'll make her shine.   When i got it it only had about 5-6hrs of usage on it, I...
I know what you mean Wahu, i went with the miracles in the end and gave the 535s to my girlfriend. I'm pretty happy with the miracles, but i do steal the 535s back sometimes out of nostalgia. The 535s lack detail in comparison to the Miracles, but there's something musical abt them that the Miracle just doesn't have.   I'm getting the gf Beat Audio Silver cables for her birthday, that way i can enjoy em too! xD  
wow i totally didnt mean to double post, and now i've triple posted. Sorry fellas
Thanks for the awesome review Spekkio, i recently received my miracles too. Serial nos 3541, just 6 in front of  you.  I've Been using them a week and i've found the same thing, they're a little less spectacular than the demos i tried. I cant quite place my finger on what the difference is though, been meaning to go down again and try the demos again to see what it is. Did you try them at Stereo?
Thanks for the awesome review Spekkio, i recently received my miracles too. Serial nos 3541, just 6 in front of  you.  I've Been using them a week and i've found the same thing, they're a little less spectacular than the demos i tried. I cant quite place my finger on what the difference is though, been meaning to go down again and try the demos again to see what it is. Did you try them at Stereo?
Just to bump up the thread, here's a choppy video of the HP-P1 in action. Wish i could understand what they were saying! http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12748595
I spose ur rightI Just cross checked it with my SE535s though, the 535s sound a lot more forward than these babies. That said, it may not be a fun sound, but i'm pretty sure it is accurate. I just plugged it into my ipod +IQube and immediately could hear the difference in the Ipod DAC vs the MX-1 DAC. The former's bass came off distorted in comparison with the latter's. This difference wasn't that obvious on my MS2s, you can tell the 940s were built for reference.   I'll...
Hey Guys, just received my pair of SRH940s and me and a friend spent an hour comparing it with the Alessandro MS2s. We plugged em both into my HUD-MX1 together and switched headphones to make a comparison.   Our first impression was that at the same volume at which i listen to the MS2s (bout 10-11 o clock), the 940s sounded distant and a little recessed. The MS2, in comparison had more punch in terms of bass and treble. We were both a little shocked at what a stark...
So i talked to UMAus and this is what he had to say       I didn't ask what sorta drivers or crossovers are in the SE530x6 , feel abit embarrassed for asking so many questions already , and i reckon what the quote above roughly answers that question in terms of performance.   I reckon Spyro has a point though, might be better to sell the 535s and go for something engineered by them from the ground up. Adding drivers and reshelling is prolly more of a solution for IEMS...
Good question Henry, i didn't think to ask that. I'll send UM an email and let you know