Posts by proid

Those aren't questions but my statements that this MayFlower Cmoy has no relation to the O2, don't rely on a successful product to sell your amp.About your listening, it's your experience only, maybe the MayFlower Cmoy use NJM4556 so it's have tonal quite similar to the O2 but that's the end, the O2 must have superior technical ability compare to the MayFlower.
 Why do you guys always associate this amps with O2? It doesn't have true ground, doesn't have 2 stage with the volume in between to reduce noise, it doesn't use NJM2068 in gain stage, it's too far different from an O2 except using the NJM4556, any Cmoy have the same dimension as this Mayflower cmoy and can use the NJM4556 just fine and it's dirt cheap. So why O2 user who need a smaller amp must consider this amp but not other cmoy? Because of the 0.6$ NJM4556?
A Cmoy is far different from an O2 and it can never approach the performance of an O2 period. The description of Mayflower is trying to fool you that this cmoy sounds the same as an O2 and inexperienced users can be mistaken that headphone amps using the same opamp have the same performance but even two cmoy from different brand sound different, how a 1 stage cmoy can sound the same and approach the perfomance of a well designed, two stage O2? I bet that Mayflower doesn't...
Believe me, the red 681 sounds better than EVO.
Does it come with velour earpads?
 Lol, resistor which have color stripes on them can be 1% tolerance resistor or even 0,1%. I haven't seen any commercial amp that using something worse than 1% resistor even cheap cmoy.
 I use a 9V 2A transformer and the regulator is heatsinked well so that's not the problem. I wonder what will happen if the triode a not balance, can it make that noise? I don't have 6GM8 or 6n27p so i can only use 6h6n now.
No, it's not 60 or 120hz hump, it's like some one playing sine wave at some where between 4k-6khz. What do i need to compensate for higher heater current tube? My tube sound fine in another amp so the problem must come from the EHHA.  I currently haven't cased it up so i can't do the ground loop breaker.
I have finished my EHHA RevA, both channel sound fine but it has very annoying noise like a sine wave at 5khz, it increase a bit if i turn the volume up. Everything measure fine, my build using bc546/556 for the servo booster and the current source for tube like the EHHA 1 (because i don't have the CRD), 1145/2705 for the rest and i use a shunt regulator to power it. I use both the original wiring and alternative wiring but nothing change. The tube i'm currently using is...
Thanks for you helpful comment, so you did change not only the servo booster but all the transistor to BC546/556?