Posts by dleblanc343

A bit long...   I'm a sports buff. It makes sense!
New canadian distributor getting A&K in this fall. I can't wait to get my hands on the AK120 II now 
I've had these for about a month now, and am still super satisfied with the sound, but sometimes I'm unsure about the fit/seal.   it is my first CIEM, so I have no basis of comparison.   They definitely isolate less than I expected; the Shure SE846 really isolated more than my Roxanne.   Fit is nice, but I'm wondering if it shouldn't be more snug. How tight should the nozzles be inside the ear canal?   I'd like to hear from other members!     It also feels as if...
If you're in Montreal, I can let you compare the SE846/IE800. The IE800 is for sale by the way, since I have the Roxannes customs. My preferences in sound are Roxanne>IE800>SE846 Cheers
The iem is great; case work is shoddy considering it's been 8 months... Don't even know how they could ship it this wayRoxanne is better, but my IE800 and K3003i are in fact more transparent and more resolved from mids to highs from a HM901 or iphone 5. Roxanne still sounds more realistic though, and that's what counts
I got mine 5 days ago and the case is a bloody mess...
Here are some pics of the case... You'd think you would get something clean and double-checked before it being shipped after several months! The inside tray too
So after waiting about 8 months for my Roxanne, I have to say I'm extremely happy with the sound.   However, the carbon fibre case work is shoddy, I opened the package and yelled expletives right away after seeing a butchered case; I was ticked off. This cost quite a few bucks, and being a kid in college makes waiting 8 months with 1700$ in limbo difficult.   Besides the crappy case work, the sound was impeccable, and let me tell you I was being strict. Having owned...
So they finally shipped! After 8 months. But I missed the delivery so gotta drop by the FedEx office to pick them up before I miss my trip to Toronto. Crazy day ahead of it.   Oh, and 299$ customs fees    I really hope it's worth it!
It's funny, I've owned in this order: K3003i/SE846/IE800 But my preferences are in the opposite order IE800/SE846/K3003i. They're all super competitive though. I still think the changeable filters and eartip variety on the Shure and AKG are much more appealing, even if I get a perfect fit with the large stock IE800 tips (may not be the same for everyone). Basically, if you like a large amount of bass, textured and very musical: SE846 A bit more fun and U-shaped (i.e good...