Posts by dleblanc343

If you're in Montreal, I can let you compare the SE846/IE800. The IE800 is for sale by the way, since I have the Roxannes customs. My preferences in sound are Roxanne>IE800>SE846 Cheers
The iem is great; case work is shoddy considering it's been 8 months... Don't even know how they could ship it this wayRoxanne is better, but my IE800 and K3003i are in fact more transparent and more resolved from mids to highs from a HM901 or iphone 5. Roxanne still sounds more realistic though, and that's what counts
I got mine 5 days ago and the case is a bloody mess...
Here are some pics of the case... You'd think you would get something clean and double-checked before it being shipped after several months! The inside tray too
So after waiting about 8 months for my Roxanne, I have to say I'm extremely happy with the sound.   However, the carbon fibre case work is shoddy, I opened the package and yelled expletives right away after seeing a butchered case; I was ticked off. This cost quite a few bucks, and being a kid in college makes waiting 8 months with 1700$ in limbo difficult.   Besides the crappy case work, the sound was impeccable, and let me tell you I was being strict. Having owned...
So they finally shipped! After 8 months. But I missed the delivery so gotta drop by the FedEx office to pick them up before I miss my trip to Toronto. Crazy day ahead of it.   Oh, and 299$ customs fees    I really hope it's worth it!
It's funny, I've owned in this order: K3003i/SE846/IE800 But my preferences are in the opposite order IE800/SE846/K3003i. They're all super competitive though. I still think the changeable filters and eartip variety on the Shure and AKG are much more appealing, even if I get a perfect fit with the large stock IE800 tips (may not be the same for everyone). Basically, if you like a large amount of bass, textured and very musical: SE846 A bit more fun and U-shaped (i.e good...
I got a FedEx e-mail for shipment on the 17th but don't yet have it...   Should I be concerned? 
Was told March, then April, then 100% for certain before the end of May... I'm getting ticked off now.   After asking a 5th time it was supposed to ship either last week or this week... I got no tracking info so I'm assuming I'm being lied to again...    
Keep in mind, the single magnet really drives the weight down. So an aluminium cup on a future headphone would probably still be lighter than an HE500/HE6; that's without considering the improved headband.