Posts by WDC

Has anyone been able to find an overseas supplier of highly end RCA plugs similar to those manufactured by WBT etc.? I am interested in buying quantity directly from the manufacture or wholesaler in order to get my cost down on large quantities. I have located plenty of Chinese manufactures but none providing quality high end plugs. I am looking for silver rhodium plated with the locking anodized aluminum outer barrels. Any leads would be appreciated. Regards Will
Quote: Originally Posted by Len A pentode can be wired for triode or tetrode operation (by "defeating" some of the grids), so sometimes you find amps that allow you to switch between "ultralinear" and triode operation. Interesting, to clarify when you say "defeating" some of the grids" does this mean disabling two of the three grids? And if so what is the primary advantage of doing is, improved audio signal or the ability to use a different...
[QUOTE=Len]In short: The differences between a diode, triode, tetrodes, pentode, etc. is the number of elements QUOTE] Len Thanks for taking the time, that is an excellent clarification and solidifies what I understood about push pull splitting the two half’s of the signal and the open ended taking the signal half’s impact and multiplying the output strength by running multiple parallel tubes. It was the word “Triode” that was throwing me off and is now very clear...
Quote: Originally Posted by antonik You always can do a search before asking very basic questions on the forum . Alex, I appreciate your response and clarification it is helpful. Regarding your search first comment, I invite you to search both "Parallel-Single-Ended, Triode, Pure class"A" Amplifier" and/or the word "Tiiode". I think you'll agree nothing meaningful is to be gotten from a search in this forum using those two descriptions. ...
Can anyone explain what the term “triode” means?
40W Parallel-Single-Ended, Triode, Pure class"A" Amplifier Would someone please help clarify some of the terminology in this description? I am trying to sort out for myself the meaning of various terminologies to best help understand the principal of varying and circuitry ie single ended vs push pull, etc. As I understand a principal of this description and a single ended circuit meaning that the high and low audio wave is processed in one tube unlike a push pull...
When building and mono block tube amplifier is there an advantage in using the point-to-point Teflon coated wire circuitry over a printed circuit boards. Do you lose quality of sound when using a printed circuit board over point-to-point wiring? I read a lot of discussion about Teflon coated wire and silver solder points and am curious as to why people choose this type of circuitry over the simplicity of circuit boards other than cost. Is there a sound quality issue...
Quote: Originally Posted by jamato8 Woo3: The supply for the 6080/6AS7 and the drive tubes the 6922, At the risk of exposing my ignorance regarding the subject matter I have to ask for some clarification. I am confused by your statement “The supply for the 6080/6AS7 and the drive tubes the 6922” as I was under the impression that the 6080/6AS7 was a drive or power tube and the two 6922 tubes are the audio tubes for each channel. Would...
Quote: Originally Posted by archosman Would there be any way my hum could be related to my headphones? Even I wouldn't believe that one but I'm curious. I never noticed a problem with my MG OTL and the Senn600/Cardas combo. Without going back and reading all the threads it seems a general consensus is that the WA3 has very little if any tube hum. In fact I concur with others that my unit has total black space (dead silent) between the audio...
Does anyone have experience with the LynxOne PCI (digital/analog) Sound Card and how it may compare with the EMU 0404. My intentions are to use it in my PC as a source for my tube amplifier.