Posts by xII DM IIx

I'd pay around $50 for them. I heard bloated, overwhelming bass and sibilant treble in my experience. Granted, this is off of memory and I haven't used them in a while.   Comfy, small, low profile and good isolation though. The cable on my pair failed after a few months of use though.
This is interesting, as I recently managed to send my B2s back to mp4nation under warranty. The left driver(s?) began to die. Not from normal use, but from me using them while running (sweat I'm sure. And I didn't tell them this bit, only that the driver was dying...). They had me send it back to them so they could determine if the problem was valid. They promptly sent me a new pair after they saw that my claim was indeed accurate.   I may still have those e-mails,...
That and they made me literally feel sick while using them.
  I received the same message. Shame.    
Yeah I'm still looking. I wanted to try the SM3s but I heard the filter mod makes the highs sibilant. I'm also worried about the V1s housing being aggravating, and I don't know if I want to blow the money on the V2s...   As far as customs go, sure I'd like to try them, but they are a big investment and I'm not sure if I can warrant their price by just playing them out of the headphone jack of an iPod. Reselling is also an issue if I end up disliking the end product....
The Monster Turbine series are closed dynamics? What are some other closed dynamic IEMs like the EPH-100?   Would anyone be able to provide comparisons of the EPH-100s to the Monster Turbine Pros, in particular the Coppers?   Thanks.
I have a question...are musicality and accuracy independent from one another? That is, can I only have one or the other?   I think very specifically what I am looking for in an IEM is its ability to convey the emotion of the track. It's nice to nit-pick all the little nuances and details of a song, but I'd much rather have all those elements present but contributing to an overall picture. My enjoyment of a song should not be derived only from the fact that I hear...
Hmm...How about the Audio Technica ES55s? They have the look and their bigger brother ES7s get favorable reviews...   Anyone heard them?   Thanks.
  This is interesting. So while being musical, the EPH is also soothing/relaxing as well?   Would you say that the GR07's would be technically better, yet less impressive in terms of musicality?   Thanks.    
^ Thanks for the above. It made me consider getting the M80s which have gotten pretty positive reviews so far.   Anyone have any experience with these? I'm pretty much set to buy...