Posts by xII DM IIx

How many headphones are there that use the smaller dynamic drivers like the EPH-100 or the CC51? It sounds on paper to be the best compromise between a BA and a standard dynamic driver.
Selling my recently acquired Westone 4s. I purchased on 28 January 2012 from user Uchiya. Headphones will come as I have received them with the original packaging and 3 pairs of medium and large Shure Olives. These will NOT come with the original tip fit kit as they did not come from original seller.   Though these headphones are technically excellent, they unfortunately do not fit the odd route of my ear canals.   The headphones themselves are in mint...
The only issue I have is that the Yahoo! article claims that it is "widely regarded as the best in the industry." Where are they getting that from? Near all reviews I've read, and from my own experience, indicate that they sound fine but there are better options out there at the price point. Furthermore, considering their target audience and price point, I find it inconceivable that they would even approach the sound quality necessary to be determined the best. That...
I'm becoming more and more intrigued by this Fiio cable...   Is anyone else planning to buy them and test them out?   Oh, and I'm not sure if this was answered before, but does it bring the mids forward?   Thanks.
I'm interested to how you'll find them considering how much you praise the GR07s.  
Edit: Removed.
Interesting. The 7010s look a lot like the Meelec CC51s.
Bump.
I've only heard the FXT-90s. As someone who values an airy soundstage and quality bass, they did not sit well with me.   The soundstage was simple to narrow for me. It definitely had the in your head feel to it. Height/depth was good though.   Plus, I found they have way to much mid-bass for my tastes, which made mid-bass reliant artists like deadmau5 far too overpowering and fatiguing for me.   However, they are very forward and engaging, making music quite...
Hello. I am looking for a pair of good sounding IEMs that are designed for running and jogging. That is, they stay secure in the ears despite the bouncing and all that. They can be over the ear or a worn down design, so long as they stay in.   Some LACK of isolation would be appreciated as well so that oncoming cars can be heard, but not so much as I am more distracted by the noises of my surroundings than I am listening to the music.   Microphonics should be...