Posts by xII DM IIx

placed an order for these today so they should be coming sometime next week. it was a tough decision between these and the ue 6000s, but I'm hoping that these don't disappoint, particularly in the comfort factor.
So I actually read through most of this thread to try and decide whether or not to get these. After doing so, I'm left a bit confused.   Are these worth it or even above their $200 price point?   AND   Are there similarly priced, or even cheaper, options that are equal or better in overall audio quality that are as comfortable?
I'm guessing they have a removable cable? Try swapping in a friend's cable to see if that's the problem.
So is the U3 capable of outputting authentic, and not just virtual, 5.1 surround via optical output? Sorry, new to the USB soundcard game.
Just how spacious are the cups? Will they be able to fit my ears if the Citiscape Uptowns and the UE 6000 fit but something like the Skullcandy Aviators don't?
so how low in quantity is the bass the hd 598's exactly? how does it compare to something like the Skullcandy Aviators (which I thought was sufficient in bass quantity) or the Citiscape Uptowns if anyone has heard either of them? Or maybe even the ultrasone 580s?   i'm a bit new to the over ear game so i don't have many reference points, but any help at all would be appreciated.
As a general question in cases when someone wants to buy something and asks you for your advice or opinion on it - be it a pair of headphones or speakers or whatever - how far can you advocate your recommendation (that differs from theirs in this case) before you become overbearing or imposing? 
  I'm completely with you on this one. The only reason I can think as to why these constantly keep popping up is because people feel better about themselves for putting down stuff that a good number of people like. But surely people aren't that petty, right?
  Doesn't Bose do the same thing?
Pair of used Infinity Primus P152 Bookshelf Speakers. Selling as I simply do not use them enough to warrant keeping them. They are sonically identical to the newer P153 bookshelf speakers, the only difference being that the front of the P152s are grey in color whereas the P153s are black.   They will come with the front grilles even though they are...