Posts by preproman

That was clear as a bell.  Thanks.  I actually agree with you on the LCDs   Now just waiting to get my hands on a pair of HE1000.. Thanks
 This is where I think we're not on the same page.  Try to make clear which LCD-3 you're talking about, (for me anyway)  LCD-3C or LCD-3F.  You know you (meaning people in general) and me, tend to listen for the things we don't like the most (well at least I do).  That being said - U-shaped sound sigs.  Having both the LCD-3F and the LCD-X side by side deciding which one to keep.  Right off the bat the midrange magic stood out for me on the LCD-3F (a good thing) and the...
 I got you covered when they go to production.  However, I don't want to handicap the 009s with the Wee so I'll substitute the HE-6 for the 009 for the time being..
 Lets go Ali - make it happen..
  Make that 4 
 Some say it is and some say it's not.  Just like you, this is a question that I have to find out for myself. 
That's not correct.  When the 560 came out the HE-6 was still in production and was still the flagship.  This is something the 560 owners made up.  Edit:  With all due respect - Please don't police me.  That's what the moderators are for.
Classical Music:   I use to think the HD800 was king as well.  Until I heard the Stax SR-Omegas.  There is no contest.  These have to be heard with large scale ensembles, the transparency, clarity and imaging are unreal..    They are just too damn lean for me.
  Good in-depth review.  Lots of information.. A few things? I noticed you kept calling the 560s a flagship.  Did I miss something I thought the HE-6 was the flagship? About the midrange.  If you didn't notice any midrange magic off the bat and you refer to the midrange as somewhat recessed on certain music - may not be a good thing for current HE-6 owners.  IMO the HE-6 midrange is a few levels up when compared to the 560.  If the HE1000 is not better than the 560 in that...
That is some serious gear right there..