Posts by preproman

Not a builder but there's always Reno... 
I could have sworn we moved on...  I think it was you that was involved in getting the other HE1000 thread locked. Please learn how to STOP and move on.  Who cares what you disagree with, who are you supposed to be anyway - I forgot   Lets try this again.  Back to the HE1000 Yeah - the 560s are not a warm headphone from what I got from them.  Pretty balanced through out the FR - but lacks the body of the HE-6  I hope the HE1000 are not as lean as the 560 i.e... has more...
You feeling uncomfortable was not a point of mine nor is a concern.  I was pointing out what I read in that thread in direct relation and agreeing to a post made by chowmin83.  To be frank - you just budded in.    Back to the HE1000s.      So is the sound sig of the HE1000 on the warm side, on the neutral side or a tad bit on the bright side?
I don't think you're reading what I'm writing..   I said nothing about a "set-up"  I said in a setup where one has never heard any of the units say "This DAC" is end game.   Just because you haven't read the threads don't mean they're not there - And yes I've read about 4 difference claims in that thread.  
What does one's background have to do with:  Putting on a pair of headphones for the first time, Hearing an amp for the first time and plugging in a DAC for the very first time and giving a first impression "This DAC is endgame" in less than 1 hour?   A lot of 2 channel guys I know will not even make any kind of judgment until the DAC, AMP, or Speakers are in their home where they are very familiar with the entire chain - and they will still say "Give me a week".....
What's funny to me is the comments in the CanJam thread.  People are hearing Amps, DACs, and Headphones for the "FIRST" time and saying things like....  The Yggy is a game changer..  or  I noticed a lose in SQ going front he Yggy to other high end DACs.     WTF???   What about the amps?  How do they know what they where hearing wasn't the amp that they never heard before as well?  With out being very familiar.... and I mean very familiar with your chain, it's very hard...

Yup I didn't use any resisters. Just a cable with spaeds / bananas. I used three different pre amp. The pre on the AMR, the pre on the PWD mk2 and a AMB a20 pre. I haven't used a passive pre yet. Thats because the F1J use very little gain and my main purpose for it was the HE-6 so i needed an active pre. I just so happened to try the HD800 to see how it would sound. I was surprised to say the least. Congrats on the F3. Im looking at a couple other First Watt amps...
Yup,  Like some of Nelson Pass stuff.  He makes some push-pull and some SE.  The SE sounds just as good or better than some of his push-pull stuff.     Now when an amp is inherently balanced it doesn't matter if the signal from the DAC is SE or truly balanced, the amp will provide a balanced signal no matter what - correct?