Posts by joeyjojo

Off-topic, but I'm just reading an article that made me think of this. Especially this bit:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance This confirms my thoughts on the HD800, that it loves very-low output impedance amps to get the most driver control. If I were you I'd be using the lowest output impedance mode on the amp and bumping the LF up a bit with a good EQ.
 Interesting. A damping factor of 1.09 is miserably low. I wonder if it sounds better to you because the flabbyness of the amp cancels out the precision of the headphones  Nice craftsmanship all the same.
The article is a getting on a bit now but I thought it was worth sharing again.   http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html   Convincing arguments for 44.1/16 being sufficient---even optimal---for playback.
 AMB says one S22 per B22 board for speakers (regardless of 2 or 4 board).  Deviate from that and you'll be deviating from the official word.  Anyway, 50 W into 8 ohms would imply a current of over 6 A, which is going to dissipate far too much heat in the MOSFETs for the stock heatsinks.  You should make a thread on the AMB forum and TK will go over the calculations with you.  Offboard heatsinks will be needed, negating some of the gains from cheaping out on the PS.
 No, you'd only get half the VA rating that way. You need to wire the primaries in parallel with 115 V across each.
DefQon is wrong in his assumption. Assuming you live somewhere with a 115 V mains supply you want to wire the primaries in parallel (BLU and VIO live, GRY and BRN neutral). Not 100% sure on the secondaries ...
 I've got used to that feeling - it's been about 20 months since I ordered the first parts
Bump for a great pair of headphones and a good price.   Wish I could afford them!
  You're right. Let's hope it's a typo.
Come on wakibaki you know the answer to this. It's 128 dB monophonic, but this is a balanced DAC chip. The opamp afterwards acts as an unbalanced-balanced converter, giving you better SNR than just taking half the output alone.