Posts by Remonster

I own both the HD280s and the ATH-M50s so I just wanted to say that the Audio-Technica is way better than the Sennheiser in this case. I love Sennheisers, my main headphone is the HD650, but the ATH-M50 is an absolute bargain at $100, I paid nearly twice that much for mine a few years ago and still think they were worth every penny.   From the mids up, the HD280 is a fine headphone but its bass is completely lacking compared to the ATH-M50.
Yeah, it's very difficult and I definitely prefer speakers to headphones. I was just trying to give the guy and idea of how they compare in terms of detail, top-to-bottom coherence, neutrality, etc. Obviously I don't have measurement equipment so I just gave him a subjective opinion based on headphones I've owned for 6 months to a year and speakers which I owned for a few weeks and sent back.   As I said, they are impressive speakers but I didn't feel they were worth the...
Not sure on the HD600s, but I have HD650s and the Airmotivs are not even slightly close. They sound very good, I had them for the 30 day audition period but decided to return them. I didn't feel the 6s were really competitive in the $800 price range, but if they were priced as Audioengine competitors (I also own Audioengine A5s) I would have probably kept them.   The bass is very deep for a 6" speaker, though, I even had 8" M-Audio studio monitors at the same time...
I am selling a pair of black Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviators, I put these up for sale a few months ago (not sure if I put them on this site) and there wasn't much interest, so I'm trying again with a lower price (which is less than half what I paid).   I already had better headphones, I was just bored and decided to buy them to see how they were. I used them for less than an hour and put them back in the box, I still have all packaging and everything that originally...
Price dropped to $350...I guess that's still better than having them and not using them, but that's as low as I am willing to go.
I got them for $500 and I thought they were still that much new (http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.php)   I looked around at a few sites and it still looks like they're listing for $500?
I absolutely love these headphones, but I never use them anymore. I bought them August of last year and they are in absolutely perfect condition, not a single ding or scratch on them. They've spent their entire life inside my bedroom. I'm sure I won't have to describe the sound of the HD650, as they are a very well known and fairly widely available headphone but I will say that the hype is real. I haven't heard every high end headphone so I won't make any sweeping...
I love Spotify, well worth $10 a month (you can get it free with ads, $5 a month for double the bitrate and unlimited listening or $10 a month to get it on your smartphone, I use it on my iPhone every time I'm in the car) the sound quality is really good for a streaming service (~320kbps Ogg Vorbis) and it's pretty much just like listening to a 320kbps MP3. I've sent out every invite they've given me (I think 14 so far) and everyone I invited says they love it...
The A5s really deserve the praise they get, but the A2s need that exaggerated bass otherwise 90% of customers would find them lacking in bass (consider the music most people listen to these days) since they have such small drivers.
The Audioengines can only accept a 3.5mm input. The RCA (red and white) are OUTPUTS for hooking up a subwoofer, but surely any soundcard would have a 3.5mm output.