Posts by BrianMB

not quite, the ER20s are just earplugs for blocking out noise. I think RADI0HEAD was referring that you could try out a set of triple flange tips and see if those would be something you could handle for less money ($10) rather than buying a set of ER4s or other IEMs.
Just as a thought in regards to the Etymotic phones. Alot (relative) of people, in my short time lurking and now posting here, have mentioned the deep insertion of the Ety phones as a concern. IMO, if you are familiar with tri-flange hearing protection, and to some degree the foam plugs as well, I would say the Etys are no different. Pull back the ear, and insert the ear plug/phone and there you go. I've used my Ety hf3s for about a month now, and thoroughly enjoy the...
haha! I just want it to be 7pm tomorrow... My new IEMs are waiting to be picked up! Looking forward to hearing a bit of a different sound than what I currently have :) And growing my new collection, hehe... Had the postman been a few hours later I would have had the new phones tonight... oh well... Then Saturday off to get a proper case for all 2 of my IEMs, lol.
How true that is. I can be in the office wearing my hf3s and hear absolutely nothing. My boss can come up to me like she did this morning and start talking, and I have to read her lips. Needless to say, she's learned when I first walk in and am still wearing my phones, she waits til I've taken them out to start talking ;) This is when I'm using the large tri-flange tips that came with the phones. I have a set of Shure Olives that I want to try out yet as well but haven't...
I would certainly like to review a pair of Turbines! I have not tried out any Monster IEMs to this point. My current listening setup is my iPhone 4 with Etymotic HF-3s. As far as listening; Orchestra (typically soundtracks), Rock, Jazz, Metal, Classical, Swing, Alternative some Techno and anything else interesting that crosses my path.
I recently picked up my Etymotic HF3 for use with my cell. Have used the mic which was included inline, and the sound overall has been excellent, by my opinion. The bass does have some substance, but could use a bit more. I'm currently on a classical music kick and have been listening to Bach and Tchaikovsky quite alot. Currently Tchaikovsky's Symphony No 5. and while the tuba and other low brass are present they are not perhaps as full as I'd like them (using EQu...
Maybe not the right thread to ask in, but for tri-flange tips, where would one find some that are slightly larger than the Ety small, but yet smaller than the large tri-flange that comes with the Etys? How do the Shures stack up? I guess the other thing to consider as well would be would the Shures (EA306) fit on the Ety iems?
I don't know if I'm just crazy or if I just don't know comfortable tips for IEMs (highly probable), however the stock white? (smaller tri-flange) tips I find quite comfortable! Enough so that on the morning ride to work on the bus, while at work and then on the way home, I have no issues. The isolation isn't as good as the gray tips, but those are a bit too large for my liking for all day wearing. If there were a set of tri-flanged tips that were between the 2 stock...
lmao! I'm in the same boat I think! Like I said when I read your initial post in this thread, I almost thought it was me posting. Since buying my hf3s, I've listened to anything from Swallow the Sun, Broken Army (local metalcore), and the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks (all 3) sound is exactly what I would expect on all 3. All in all so far very happy! and the ride on the bus which was about 35-40minutes this morning, almost no drone from the engine or din from the...