Posts by VioletConqueror

SLO is the happiest place in america you know, its totally worth the drive lol.   http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_weekend/20101125/ts_yblog_weekend/welcome-to-the-happiest-place-in-america   If we do this on a sat or sun I'll totally be there with what little equipment I have.
I don't know my way around poly all that well but I could ask my uncle if he has any ideas if you guy's are having trouble finding a room at Poly (Like I said he's a professor there). Another idea is to ask an EE prof, I bet they would be more than supportive of something like this, tinkering is half the fun.
Lol just spotted some grado's up here in Santa Cruz, all these electronic music majors and their headphones. I'm going to be in SLO from something like the 18th till the 28th. Can't say I have much to offer a meet except Klipsch S4's and ath-a700, it'd be awesome to hear some other gear though. The a700's are in the mail, depending on how I like the sound I might do a blutac mod or something.
Just bought some a700's. I'll post a comparison when they get here next week.
Calc gets better the higher you get in it, not exactly easier, but definitely better. I went into college without enough math and spent an extra year at cuesta just getting caught up on calc, but it was totally worth it. I don't know much about ME but EE can be pretty intense, but very satisfying. EE is just a few steps away from applied physics in many ways, in fact I know a physics major that ended up in EE. As a CE major I have to take a few EE classes.   The only...
Not at UCSC, every-other person I talk to about headphones brings them up "arn't the beats by dre really good?". Also, lots of earbuds. But UCSC has a reasonably large electronic music program so you see some more interesting phones around once in a while. I'm pretty new at this though honestly...
Small world lol. I just transfered to UCSC from Cuesta, grew up in Osos, and my uncle's an ME prof at Poly (Joe Mello). I agree with juman231, we should totally have a mini-meet. I should have some new cans by spring break...a700s? I dunno. It's hard to know what you want when you haven't heard too many in the first place.    I'm a CE major and I've already had one internship offer for the summer, but I'm kinda hoping from a better offer from Google or EMC, but...
As you might tell by my impressive post count I'm fairly new to nice headphones. I'm finding myself a bit overwhelmed by various reviews and descriptions of various cans because I have no real frame of reference. I fairly recently got some Klipsch Image S4's and really like them, I was wondering if anyone out there has a pair of these and might want to describe some other phones with respect to the S4s. Also it might help to try and describe the s4's although I've been...