Posts by VioletConqueror

I just got back to Santa Cruz yesterday, but I'm considering coming home again just for this, we'll see. Any of you have stock a700's I modded mine it'd be fun to compare them side by side.
So I decided to take this afternoon to mod my a700's. Unfortunately Tyson's original pictures have disappeared and darkswordsman17's pictures could use some expansion (no offense, I used mostly your ideas to mod my own). I listen to all kinds of music, unfortunately with this mod Dubstep/Psytrance are at odds with Power Metal since there is something of a trade off of mids to bass. I think I found a happy medium and I'm really digging the new sound, I can finally listen to...
Thought I'd just throw another group who's recording quality does not do the band justice. Blind Guardian. I really can't figure this one out. Listening straight off the CD (mp3 might be a little worse but I haven't ABXed it) it just sounds veiled. Everything seems muted, like the upper-mids are just gone. I'd blame my system (a700's arn't known for mids) except that groups that should sound similar (Nightwish or Opeth for example) sound much cleaner and more complete....
I have finals from 10am-10pm on Thursday and internship interviews sporadically until then (and maybe after). Meh, I got some old broken ATH-5's off ebay a while ago so I can look forward to trying to fix those over spring break, and make make a HP stand. Always need something to look forward to lol.
Lol, I have an internship interview over the phone tomorrow and I keep wondering if my a700's will help me understand them better. If I get the possition I'll be sure to credit audio-technica and hf lol.
  She looks...Intense. I suspect one of two possibilities: 1. She needs to be changed. 2. The mids are a bit too recessed for her tastes, male vocals seem to be lacking somewhat. She prefers the HD555's for a ~100$ can.    
Pig by Four never takes his hat off, even for super comphy a700's
UCSC did this weird thing where all of the new transfers have to live in a particular dorm, it just happens to be where all the hippies are.    My favorite is the impromptu soccer games where my door is the goal. Also, I named my neighbor "Roberto" after the crazy robot from futurama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PfhMQ1qpE   Yes, he does sound like that, and no, he does not have any volume control on his voice. Pair that with his guitar amp which is always set to 11,...
Ya I'm on a 5-year plan which seems pretty standard around here. At least 3 of the years were at a cheap community college. I know lots of good engineers who were lazy in highschool, I think its mostly a matter of being properly motivated and challenged. College just gets more fun as you take higher level classes, they become cooler and cooler. I've been writing code to break encryption and hacking this quarter while building custom chips to do cool stuff, so ya pretty...