Posts by VioletConqueror

There are two Cal Poly's. One is in San Luis and the other is in Pamona. We are talking about the San Luis one. Just to be extra clear.
Wow, thats really cool to see the whole damping scheme used for this high-end orthos. I noticed that the hifiman had a very dense looking sheet and then lots of cottony material. It seemed kind of like a compromise with damping the open orthos without loosing the openness. IIRC the openpants that have been much more conservatively damped than that. There were concerns that packing stuff under the grill would cause them to sound closed and defeat the purpose, but maybe...
I'll be home the weekend of the 20th (thats the weekend after next). Just throwing that out there. Only new thing I have is the e7/9 which could be fun to compare. Maybe I'll order some fostex t50rp's... damn you head-fi my wallet is pissed off right now.
Well I haven't heard any of the stuff you mentioned but I will say that my e7+e9 sounds really impressive. Going on memory alone I would say I like it better than that ibasso I heard at the meet (was that your's vengence?). Super good deal and if you don't like the dac in the e7 the e9 is an amazing amp of it's own accord and you can try different DAC's for it. I doubt you will though the e7 sounds great, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it uses the same DAC chip as...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the firmware can't be upgraded without special equipment. Feiao what kind of chip are you using for your rom and microcontroller (computer engineering nerd here)? I doubt the code would be hard to change to make the screen turn of but getting that change onto the device can be touchy (and sometimes risky).
Wow just finished reading this epic thread. I won't commit to too much but the gears are turning in my head and ideas are leaking so there may be some fun new TP's in the world whenever I get a chance to actually try out what I'm thinking. I have an old broken pair of Audio-technica A-5's that I might cannibalize the headband from..hmmm.   BTW I imagine someone would have mentioned it already but anybody know if you can buy just the drivers somewhere? It seems like...
For me I broke my head-phone jack a little bit so that might be the source of the noise/quality issues but I remember seeing some other people posting about it to. Mine is also maybe 3 or 4 years old so maybe they fixed some of their issues. I'm super pleased with my setup, sometimes I catch myself daydreaming in class about being back in my room with my music lol. I think a DAC is one of those things where your fine without it until you hear one and then what you have...
  e7/e9 showed up today. Super happy with it, I still can't get over how much better it sounds than my crappy little turtle beach. It's like having whole new headphones. Base is more present and cleaner, much better separation and the mids have come forward slightly which is sorely needed on my a700's. My source is no longer the bottle-neck of my system. Now I have my eye's on some thunderpants! DIY ftw.   btw: If anyone read my question earlier I seem to have...
e7/e9 showed up today. Super happy with it, I still can't get over how much better it sounds than my crappy little turtle beach. It's like having whole new headphones. Base is more present and cleaner, much better separation and the mids have come forward slightly which is sorely needed on my a700's. My source is no longer the bottle-neck of my system. Now I have my eye's on some thunderpants! DIY ftw.
I think "good enough" is when the noise level is quieter than your heartbeat or the blood rushing through your ears. If you need a custom sound proof room (the type that make your ears ring with the silence and let you hear your own blood) in order to hear your blood masking the sound of the lack of resolution I think thats "good enough". As for the Mpixel thing I actually had a similar conversation with a professor in signal processing who works with images. Think of the...