Posts by Tilpo

I miss doner kebab, pizza and fatty food in general sooo much.
Well in Japanese supermarkets everything is expensive, from meat to veggies to even water. (I pay 55 yen for a 2l bottle of water. That may not be much, but it is considering it's just freaking water!)Speaking of the Philippines, I just had some Filipino beer for the first time. Red Horse or something like that. Was pretty darn good, I'd have to admit.Cheap foods? Not at all actually. The price gap between cooked meals and raw ingredients is just small. Restaurants are...
The shipping costs for small international packages is 1080 yen IIRC. Maybe. But veggies and meat is super expensive, this instant ramen was not even 250 yen.Also real ramen is not that expensive either. You can have it for 600-700 yen, and it's a complete meal. Especially since often you can have second servings of noodles for free.
So I just had some instant ramen. HOLY CRAP THIS IS TOO GOOD. HOW IS THIS EVEN SO CHEAP. THERE WAS ACTUAL MEAT IN IT. THE BROTH TASTED AWESOME.
I do have records at home, but vinyl is a PITA to deal with, it's more expensive, and sounds less good.I guess it could be fun to go through all the trouble, but unless you're rich I'd advise anyone not to bother with it.
Neither, turntables suck.
What's it with Chinese people and talking loudly on the phone late at night!?
I just had shoyu ramen and garlic ramen so far. Eating out is much cheaper here in Japan than it is in the Netherlands, but it's still not cheap enough for me to do it every day. The universities cafeteria is fairly cheap, but their ramen is much more expensive than their udon, so I haven't had it that much.
Also, the majority of the exchange students that come to Japan are Chinese or Korean. In particular when you look at research students, or people taking a degree in Japanese in this country. For some reason a lot of Koreans seem to speak very good Japanese.Mmmm.Now I want some ramen with char siu.Speaking of which, I haven't had any instant ramen in this country yet. Didn't have a kettle to boil water in, but just today I realized that there is a hot water dispenser in the...
Speaking of Germany, I wanted to ask. What's up with Bavaria? All the German exchange students here keep making fun of it.