Posts by Tilpo

Nope you can. But usually the rolls are smaller. The problem is with nigiri since it's often hard to eat in one bite. But most nigiri works quite well in two bites.
Hard to say. Things like anime usually show different aspects of city life. For example whenever you see Kyoto in anime you just see the famous shrines (Kinkakuji, Fushimi Inari and Kiyomizu Dera) and you see people eat the regional foods (e.g. takoyaki, okonomiyaki, traditional sweets, etc.). The things most people would recognize. They don't focus that much on the things that are actually the most impressive (given that of course the shrines are pretty cool too).What I...
Went to Osaka with a friend today! Very different city from Kyoto. Much more city-like. Tall buildings everywhere, and much more people. Went to Osaka castle, which was a tad bit boring. Looks nice from the inside, but the inside is nothing more than some modern looking museum. After that I went to Kansai's only fountain pen shop and scored myself a Fine Pilot Custom 742. Price wasn't even that bad at 12,800 yen. The owner was really nice, I tried out 8 different pens....
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/small_packing_en.htmlActually a lot of Japanese pay their bills at an ATM. It's quite nice, you just put in all the information on the atm's menu and then you throw some cash in the machine. Even gives change.Though first time usage was really complicated for me. Didn't have an english translation, so I had to fill out everything in Japanese and I had to figure out which buttons to press in Japanese. (everything is in kanji! ugh.)
I miss doner kebab, pizza and fatty food in general sooo much.
Well in Japanese supermarkets everything is expensive, from meat to veggies to even water. (I pay 55 yen for a 2l bottle of water. That may not be much, but it is considering it's just freaking water!)Speaking of the Philippines, I just had some Filipino beer for the first time. Red Horse or something like that. Was pretty darn good, I'd have to admit.Cheap foods? Not at all actually. The price gap between cooked meals and raw ingredients is just small. Restaurants are...
The shipping costs for small international packages is 1080 yen IIRC. Maybe. But veggies and meat is super expensive, this instant ramen was not even 250 yen.Also real ramen is not that expensive either. You can have it for 600-700 yen, and it's a complete meal. Especially since often you can have second servings of noodles for free.
So I just had some instant ramen. HOLY CRAP THIS IS TOO GOOD. HOW IS THIS EVEN SO CHEAP. THERE WAS ACTUAL MEAT IN IT. THE BROTH TASTED AWESOME.
I do have records at home, but vinyl is a PITA to deal with, it's more expensive, and sounds less good.I guess it could be fun to go through all the trouble, but unless you're rich I'd advise anyone not to bother with it.
Neither, turntables suck.