Posts by iVinyl

I'm selling my iRiver H140 (40GB) player and in a separate sale, my portable iBasso DAC/Amp.   It has always lived in a silicone sleeve and it is in perfect condition. Complete with original box, charger, charger cable, microphone, remote control, case and unused earbuds. Battery holds a long charge.   I used this as a transport and the optical output from this into the DAC. I bought it for a period when my children were doing a lot of exam revision. That time...
Bought new a few years ago, these are both in the Black anodised finish and have been stored in their pouches when not in use. I have not used them as much as I thought I would, hence the sale. They are complete; with the original power supply, balanced and single end interconnects, fibre optic cable, original rolling kits and vinyl pouches. The batteries are in excellent condition. They are both in overall in excellent condition, with no marks signs of use. I can sell...
A couple of years old - this was used with my iBasso / Sennheiser combination. I no longer have the headphones and am selling the cable. Note, this is the 4 silver strand version. The length is 5 foot (approx 1.5m) and is terminated with for HD650 (and other equivalents) at one end and a Hirose connector at the other. Perfect working order. No shipping charge  
Bought earlier this year for my HD650's, I have just sold the headphones and I am now selling the cables.  Balanced cable to Hirose connector (used by iBasso and others). Run-in, effect on sound is really on improved bass definition rather than sparkling highs. Price includes packaging.   Bought in March this year - it has 4 silver conductors for full blown headphones - it is not the version with the silver plated copper conductor which is V1 meant for...
Headphones sold - Silver Dragon cables will be listed separately thanks all for the enquiries.   Chris
Boxed headphones, run in but not had much actual use. Balanced Moon Audio Silver Dragon 1.5m cable terminated in Hirose connector (I have iBasso amp). 1 year old. Only reason for sale is I'm finding IEM's more practical. Condition is excellent, no marks or anything. Also includes original cable and adaptor. Buyer pays actual shipping cost. Paypal or banktransfer OK. (My ebay rating is 630 100%). Will sell Silver cable separately if necessary.
iBasso confirmed that the charge rate through the USB cannot keep up with the operating current and that the battery slowly depletes.   When I asked them about the rolling kit - they just said to swap over components - not really helpful, since I am not able to identify the alternatives.   Chris
I thought that lossless encoders were just that, bit perfect representations of the CD or source.  I got into a bit of an argument with a Naim user who had 'perfect rips' of the CD's onto their hard drive. He claims that the output of that system compared to say, the FLAC output of a Rockbox'd iRiver through its SPDIF will be different. His further claims suggested that not all FLAC's are created equal. When I mentioned ALE - then all bets were off.....   I guess the...
Excellent condition, virtually blemishless on front and only minor micro-scratches on rear chrome. Fully working and retains good charge. Complete with rugged leather case (belkin), from which I have removed the bulky belt clip.  This is the last of the iPod's to have the Wolfson DAC which is preferred and this is a rare example of one in such good condition. Sensible offers considered. Shipping costs not included in price (depends on speed and location).
I did a couple of days of burn-in and compared sources again. Added to the mix was a newly acquired iRiver H140, with Rockbox, via the optical line out.   Using the DB2/PB2 with ipad/adaptor/usb and the iRiver H140/optical outputs - I was surprised, for the same source file, to detect a difference.  The Rockbox output sounds better. This might be the difference between USB/Optical or something more sinister going on in the iPad.   I spent a pleasant afternoon,...