or Connect

Posts by Defiant00

Based off of recent other events I can understand why you got the response you did, but since no one offered an actual explanation, I thought I'd do so (with the caveat that this is all second hand, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I've missed something). 1) Directly from Jason, Yggy rounds to 20 bits, not truncates. Apologies if you already know this, but truncation means you just discard the last 4 bits regardless of their value. Also, if they rescaled everything...
 My general Jot / Lyr2 recommendation would be if you want tubes, go with Lyr 2, otherwise I'd recommend the Jot (even for SE only). Even SE, the Jot had enough power in low gain for my various Sennheisers, and would have no problems with the Audezes either.
 The great thing about the Jot is that it sounds excellent through both SE and balanced, so if you don't upgrade your cables for a while you're still good.
 I am not an EE and don't know how to calculate what resistors you'd need in your attenuation adapter to make your relatively low-impedance headphones work connected directly to a DAC. If you want to try it out, I'd just recommend starting with your digital volume turned all the way down. As long as you're careful then it shouldn't cause any problems; but I do not know how to calculate what the resultant impedance with the adapters is, and whether that will affect your...
 Direct to powered speakers, sure. Direct to headphones...technically you could get a cable that allows that, but it won't work well due to the Mimby's output impedance (75 Ohms) and you'd need to digitally attenuate a lot to make sure you didn't blow up your cans.
  I believe you're correct RickB that, since you're using WASAPI, JRiver should be sending the correct bitperfect data (since it then bypasses Windows' settings entirely).
So, first off, big thanks to Todd for the loaner program, and sorry that this took so long to type up.   Listening was done at work through Bifrost MB and Asgard 2, and compared primarily to my HD800S, and briefly against HD600.   Build Build quality is good and definitely feels premium, although they do seem to be a bit heavy because of it. As I'm sure everyone is aware by now, the cable is silly, but does seem to be of good quality. The Elear creaks significantly...
 The cracks and beeps were likely from your source, but it'd be hard for any of us to say for sure :) I haven't heard anyone else report that sort of issue with the Ragnarok at least.
  I suspect it depends on your point of reference and how hot/cool you keep your room. My point of reference for "hot" is my Asgard 2, and I keep my room fairly cool, so all the other Schiit I've ever tried (including my Bimby and the Jotunheim I tried) have never gone beyond a bit warm. Electronics dislike high heat, but apparently (I'm no engineer) even the hot-running Asgard 2 is well within thermal tolerances for its various parts, which is why it's got a 5 year...
 Schiit multibit in general, yes, highly recommended. Mjolnir 2...do you have balanced cables for your headphones? If so then that's a great choice, but do keep in mind that the SE output is referred to as a "convenience" output because it doesn't sound as good (not making broad balanced/SE claims, this is specific to the Mjolnir 2 and Ragnarok, due to their topology there's added parts/complexity with getting a SE signal out of them, which degrades sound quality a...