or Connect

Posts by Defiant00

I've never heard mine do that, you'll probably want to email Schiit.
 Purely for soundstage, maybe check out the Sony MDR-MA900? They've been discontinued in the US for a while, but you seem to still be able to find them.
Selling my Massdrop First Edition AKG K7xx headphones, serial number 4297. They are in like-new condition and include the original box and all accessories.   These are actually pretty great, but since I also have the HD600 I just find I don't listen to them often enough to justify keeping them around.   Price includes PayPal fees and shipping to CONUS.
 No, the USB3 B portion won't fit. What you want is something like this: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5436
1 = 6.3mm 2 = SMC 3 = 3.5mm 4 = XLR
 Yes, impressions. If you're comparing them with the 400i then I trust you've heard both? If so, please share.
Never got to try it with the HE-6, but for anecdotal entertainment, I actually thought the original M&M stack did surprisingly decently with the K1000, although I'm not sure if it's more or less difficult to drive than the HE-6.
 Yes, Magni gets warm.
 He said the opposite, but I guess if you can't be bothered to read or watch any of what others have posted then I wouldn't expect you to pay attention to that either.   PCM itself isn't stairsteps, what he said is that the output of a DAC before filtering would look like a stairstep. PCM is just a set of discrete samples. Numbers, one after another, at a known rate. For example, is this a stairstep?421-55712 No, it's a set of numbers that could be interpreted in any...
 What? No, producing sine waves that match the samples (or at least get very, very close to them in the case of delta sigma) is exactly how they're supposed to work. That's kind of the fundamental point of the sampling theorem ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist%E2%80%93Shannon_sampling_theorem ), that given a specific band-limited set of data (aka, nothing over 20khz), you can reproduce the original waveform given a discrete set of samples. So no, no stairsteps; the...