Posts by Defiant00

Yeah, I'd definitely go multibit and either Magni 2 or Vali 2 if you want a good compact stack. Or normal Modi 2 depending on funds, it's still very good sounding as well (the multibit offerings are pretty special though).
 1) Yes, it is fully and properly grounded. USB is not "galvanically isolated" according to @Baldr . I believe it was because it's a term (with regards to USB) with no proper/formal universally-accepted definition, but I could be mis-remembering. 2) Gen 3 USB, as far as any of us know, is a Yggy-exclusive feature. If they were to offer it as an upgrade, it should be simple to do either on your own or with minimal hassle from your dealer (based off of other upgrades that...
I believe ASIO buffer settings are a separate thing to foobar's. I know with asio4all, when in use it shows up on the system tray and you can then adjust the buffer size from there. Based off of the numbers you mentioned, it sounds like that was foobar's buffer setting, as ASIO buffers are typically set by number of samples, with something like 512 (which is just a few milliseconds) being a relatively high value.Sorry I don't have more specific information, but it might be...
 ASIO popping is typically a sign of your buffer being set too low; you may want to check that setting (it's either in your player or the ASIO driver itself, having not used the Schiit driver I couldn't say for sure where it is). This is a frequent issue with virtual instruments, where buffer sizes can make big differences in playability. For music playback a few extra milliseconds of buffering make no difference.
 Not counting the unique little ones (Fulla/Fulla 2), you basically have U-shaped aluminum (possibly done in one or two pieces depending on the product) or L-shaped aluminum (or steel in the smallest products). The latest ones, Jot, Saga and Freya, all use the new L-shaped aluminum design. I'd also expect the rest of their line to move to the same if/when we hit v3 on most of the products. Personally I think it's a great price/aesthetics tradeoff, and it's not like each of...
 Based off of recent other events I can understand why you got the response you did, but since no one offered an actual explanation, I thought I'd do so (with the caveat that this is all second hand, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I've missed something). 1) Directly from Jason, Yggy rounds to 20 bits, not truncates. Apologies if you already know this, but truncation means you just discard the last 4 bits regardless of their value. Also, if they rescaled everything...
 My general Jot / Lyr2 recommendation would be if you want tubes, go with Lyr 2, otherwise I'd recommend the Jot (even for SE only). Even SE, the Jot had enough power in low gain for my various Sennheisers, and would have no problems with the Audezes either.
 The great thing about the Jot is that it sounds excellent through both SE and balanced, so if you don't upgrade your cables for a while you're still good.
 I am not an EE and don't know how to calculate what resistors you'd need in your attenuation adapter to make your relatively low-impedance headphones work connected directly to a DAC. If you want to try it out, I'd just recommend starting with your digital volume turned all the way down. As long as you're careful then it shouldn't cause any problems; but I do not know how to calculate what the resultant impedance with the adapters is, and whether that will affect your...
 Direct to powered speakers, sure. Direct to headphones...technically you could get a cable that allows that, but it won't work well due to the Mimby's output impedance (75 Ohms) and you'd need to digitally attenuate a lot to make sure you didn't blow up your cans.