Posts by Borat

The crown is also different on the new model. It is a knurled crown. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/243868/sneaker-fi-or-shoe-fi
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoney  Personally, I don't care if it says IWC or Parnis on the face.  My first rep was when I wrote a Parnis dealer and asked if they had a "sterile" one.  He said "no, but I have one with IWC on the face."  
  If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.    I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.    But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.    Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For...
  That Hamilton is nice. The dial is a khaki color fitting of the name, which is sort of like a beige/tan.    I used to own a Khaki King and really enjoyed it while I had it. The only small gripe I had with that model is that the polished bezel tended to show micro scratches. The model you're looking at has a similar polished bezel so just a heads up if that sort of thing bothers you. 
  That is correct. Hamilton was purchased by the Swatch Group so they are Swiss owned now. Same group that owns Omega, Blancpain, Breguet, Glashutte, Tissot, etc.   Swatch also owns the ubiquitous ETA SA movement company so most of their mid-range brands and even some of their luxury watches house ETA movements. Even competing luxury brands like Panerai and IWC use ETA movements in several of their models.    The Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer that you are interested in...
  I have had a Laco Augsburg pilot before. Same as the Altenburg, but with satin finish not PVD. The case finish was nice, but I really couldn't get used to the Miyota 821A movement. The rotor only winds in one direction and free spins in the other. Also has the infamous Miyota 8 series stutter. I'm not a big fan of those movements, but the jump to an ETA equipped Laco is pricey.     But Laco and Stowa are two of the original 1940s B-Uhr manufacturers so if historical...
  I don't have any other experience with mesh other than the shark mesh on my SKX007. But I think the one I have is pretty solid.    I didn't want to have to drill or cut one to fit, so I bought a shark mesh with removable links like you would find on an oyster style bracelet. William Jean (wjean28 on eBay) sells the shark mesh I have and I think it's pretty nice. The only complaint I have is the screws in the links are difficult to screw back in all the way. But the...
^    It's such a great value in a dive watch. Workhorse Seiko movement, 200 meter ISO diver rating, nice brushed and polished finishes on the case, classic dial design following the 6309-704x heritage.   I also love that there are so many mod parts available on the market to come up with your own creative spin on it.     Here's my 007 using MKII and Dagaz watch parts.         Obviously inspired by the British Royal Navy issue Omega Seamaster...
Find a watch that you like and then use this search engine:   http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?category=watches   It scours several forums for sale threads matching your search.