Posts by miceblue

If an amp has a provided number at a low impedance, it has enough current at that load.Quality != drive, and you specifically said drive.A headphone is properly driven if it has enough voltage and current. The X5 offers plenty of current as dictated by the power output levels at 16 and 32 ohms and should drive the PM-3, and other low-impedance loads just fine. [[SPOILER]] Of course quality matters though, I don't think anyone will deny that.
How so? The X5 outputs 255 mW at 32 ohms. That's plenty for the PM-3 at 102 dB/mW.
How so? I don't hear much bass difference between my MacBook's headphone output and the Objective 2.
Well......the good news is that I got the real leather earpads on. The bad news is that I really f-ed up putting on the pads on the left side because I had forgotten that you can remove the earcup from the headband assembly and that would have made the process over 9000% easier, and I probably wouldn't have screwed up putting the adhesive on. : ( Moral of the story, wait for my YouTube video and DO NOT follow what I do in the middle of it.
Well I f-ed up big time when trying to replace my STAX earpads with the adhesive part. Caught it on camera too. Stupid as earpad system will be a stupid POS. @mechgamer123 Looks like my earpads will be like your with one corner falling off. ..............................I forgot you can take the earcups off the gimble assembly.
Blah blah cross-post. Just opened up the PM-3s today. Plugged them in directly to my MacBook and fired up the Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U CD. Compared to the beta units, the soundstage actually seems to have opened up a bit, which is nice. It still sounds like a closed-back headphone, but I don't think that's easy to triumph. From what was said in the beta testing group, the PM-3s do indeed seem to have less upper-midrange energy. Beta 2 units were a bit bright to me,...
Just opened up the PM-3s today. Plugged them in directly to my MacBook and fired up the Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U CD. Compared to the beta units, the soundstage actually seems to have opened up a bit, which is nice. Y'all be complaining about the soundstage and all. You should thank OPPO for making it seem bigger than it was during beta testing. : p It still sounds like a closed-back headphone, but I don't think that's easy to triumph. From what was said in the beta...
............ >: http://www.head-fi.org/t/649427/you-know-youre-an-audiophile-when-version-2/4830#post_11449440
You know you're an audiophile when you re-rip CDs because you aren't satisfied with the jitter and error performance statistics despite being accurately ripped. I'm dead serious. Code: Used drive : TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB (revision TS00) Media type : Pressed CD Ripper mode : XLD Secure Ripper Disable audio cache : OK for the drive with a cache less than 1375KiB Make use of C2 pointers : NO Read offset correction : 6 Max retry count : 20 ... ...
One thing I absolutely love about OS X's Spotlight feature: built-in calculator and dictionary. CTRL+Space, type in calculation or word I want defined. Boom, results show, right there, live. So. Freaking. Useful. Windows still doesn't have this and I have to do WIN+R, type "calc", press enter to get to the calculator, and it doesn't even have a dictionary program. Maybe by the time Windows 17 comes out, it'll have those and they'll make them "features" of the OS. XD