Posts by miceblue

The fortune cookie knows all! They played the Clannad ED, Gackt's Mizerable (rarely plays), and GARNiDELiA's ambiguous. Great playlist today!
It could be both, but the mastering process would make far more of a difference than any ADC/DAC technology would unless it was severely flawed from the start.Apple's Mastered for iTunes tools are actually pretty good in today's era. They let the mastering engineers keep the music at a high sound quality and iTunes distributes those masters as high bitrate AAC files.Daft Punk's RAM album for example sounds nearly as good as the master from HD Tracks at a fraction of the...
I experience the background hiss with any in-ears I've tried, even when there's music playing and I'm using the public transit system. My ears are just really sensitive to it I guess.
^ Yup, it's totally the DACs that make recordings sound bad. It's for sure not the Loudness War at all, no way Jose. That would be silly.
Holy schiit........that is some deep stuff! Dayum. That's really impressive. [[SPOILER]]
0 dB means the signal is bit-perfect, there is no digital attenuation to the signal.The DAC used is a multi-bit Delta-Sigma modulator, so yes, a 1-bit DSD signal is converted to a multi-bit DS-signal. I don't think it does single-bit DS modulation. On second thought, I have no idea if 0 dB means it doesn't go though the multi-bit DS modulator.
That'll arrive on Wednesday. XDAnd yes, that's toku from GARNiDELiA. Check the Book of Faces!
Well that kinda works out I guess. My scanner has troubles sometimes and it flakes out mid-way through scanning something. I have no idea what's wrong with it but it makes a really annoying sound and it smears the image. Like so: ^ I guess that can be a cool wallpaper? XD When the scanner is in a good mood, it scans this:
That is correct. Balanced headphone connections never have a ground connection going to the transducers because otherwise it would be shared with the left and right channels, which is exactly the opposite of why people use balanced headphone connections in the first place.The Pono Player only uses the tip and ring of the 3.5 mm jack for the + and - signals respectively. If it had a ground connection, what would you connect it to on a 4-pin XLR jack? A 3-pin one has the...