Posts by AyeVeeN

Hi. These about 5-6 years old now and I'm the second owner. You will have to pay for the reshelling costs. It'll come with a ~1 year old black Westone Epic cable (50") with the newer slimmer profile jack since the original cable broke finally after ~4-5 years. I'll also throw in a silver cable I got from the previous trade, but apparently it isn't very good because despite paying ~$100 for it; the jacks don't fit well. I also have the original ES3X shell (to prove it was...
Dropped.
These are much more fun than the HD 650s, though I honestly preferred the sound of the HD 650s over the HE-400s. The bass of the HE-400 is definitely better than the HD 650s and vice versa for the mids. The highs are definitely a lot brighter. Again if eq'd down to neutral (I can send you a foobar2000 flat treble eq if you do end up buying it. found it on the He-400 thread), you could listen to them much longer while retaining its fun sound. Stock, they definitely are...
It depends on the position of your head I guess and according to how you listen to the treble (i.e. if you EQ it). The Alpha Pads are much softer than the HD650s though, as is the beyerdynamic pad (though I'm not including it since I want to use it for my HD650s ).    I actually don't find the detailed-ness the issue (the HD650 actually has more detail). EQing the treble to flat, I could probably listen to them for 1.5 hours max. Maybe more if EQ'd further down but I'm...
I recently received these new 3 weeks ago after sending in my previous pair for an RMA due to a rather significant defect (rusting and the plastic.. hinge? popping off. The hinge issue was there since I originally ordered it though and didn't see a need to RMA till the rust issue). So basically they're like new since they've been sitting on my stand ever since I re-received them (end of July). Never used them again basically since I prefer the HD650s.   The original ones...
 I actually never saw that thread. Thanks! Looks like I'll open up the speakers soon to see if the caps actually have gone. Owned them for about three years so they're out of warranty anyways and have been for quite awhile.
 Not to be demeaning, but I've tried that. Countless times. They all talk about it being something in my chain. It isn't. I'm talking about doing electrical work on the amp itself to fix it if it is indeed fixable e.g. replacing a capacitor or something.
Has anyone had this before / does anyone know how to fix it? My speakers are the Swan M200 mkii's and it had static probably 10 months after buying it. I sent it in but they couldn't find what was wrong with it so I just lived with it since it wasn't too significant (though I wasted $40 for shipping). I did check my power and everything and it does not seem to be dirty power. I do have them running through a power conditioner though rather than the wall outlet now though....
 Not only that, but I believe the price at which they sold to dealers also increased. A few months ago I was offered to snag an HD650 at dealer pricing for $350 + shipping/tax (~$390) (i.e. the person wouldn't be making a profit from selling to me since he was a coworker*), but at the time, I didn't have money.