Posts by AyeVeeN

It was more-so an eye-roll with regards to the religious aspects (and there are a lot), e.g. it takes the idea of someone being a religious extremist nearly to the extremes only to build up to the rather expected ending, where everything goes all corny. I don't know about the cast. The only good actor was Emma Watson, though her script was a bit over-dramatic and corny anyways. Everyone else seemed to have over dramatic acting, or in some cases, didn't act well enough,...
Noah. 2/10. Terrible acting. Also way too religious for me, though I guess I pretty much knew that coming in.  
For the most part,   1) HD650 2) HE-400 3) ES3X   Only added the HD650 since my last post.
What's up with all the necroing lately?   To add onto the thread anyways, it most definitely is, or at least it was for me. My school's ideology behind headphones is that they must have bass and isolation (or NC. Whichever. They believe noise isolation and noise cancellation are the same thing though), hence them thinking the D5000s are the best. No attention to detail, blending of the frequencies, soundstage, etc. Most people I know of think that bass = sound quality...
After listening more, I'm starting to miss the sub-bass of the HE-400s. Bass is extremely light for me especially when compared to the 400s.
https://www.buysonic.com/deal-categories/audiophile/   AKG K712 for $300, HD650 for $350, Amperiors for $123. A shame I just bought my HD650s off of headphone.com (are they an authorized dealer by the way?) for $400.   Buysonic's parent company is apparently Sonic Electronix, which is indeed an authorized Sennheiser dealer.   Edit: Oh I just went through the checkout process and because it's in California, I would've had to had to pay the $35 tax anyways making it...
Using my HE-400s, I can't tell any difference between 320CBR and 24-bit 44.1kHz FLAC, but I can when compared to 24-bit 96kHz FLAC. YMMV. Haven't bothered to test it with my HD650s yet though.
I'm not one who believes in the cable hype either (as long as the cable isn't uber ****ty like a $1 eBay cable). Looking to test it if there's any place that offers a return policy akin to Amazon, otherwise I'd buy a cable for its build quality rather than its perceived sonic characteristics.   These are crazy laidback though. I was listening to them for a few hours on end (unusual for me since I often find full-sized headphones uncomfortable) and I just didn't feel like...
 I am not entirely sure what part you're actually referring to. I actually just got the chills moment and ironically from a rather trancesteppy song (Seven Lions - Don't Leave), which I assumed my HE-400s would be much better at. Vocals just blend so well though even when the saw synths hit. Vocals in front of the saw synths rather than mushed in-between.
Grados. Too much treble. Ultrasones probably too but never tried them. HE-400s I just EQ down past 7kHz and it's perfect (of course asides from the mids I've come to realize).   Edit: Just realized this was necro'd.