Posts by dragon2knight

Just a heads up here, these are available on Amazon USA, with Prime shipping, for $39.50, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YDVY34Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=bluetooth+earphones
Upon second thought (and a bit of poking from Audrey,lol) I decided to post my full review here:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13135
Yep, all this talk about battery isn't meant to belittle the entire design of the BLU-100's, it's a great IEM all told. I love it's EQ-able sound signature for sure. But I also like the sound of the other, cheaper still re-brands I've been using, and they thought of battery life just enough to make them usable for a good period of time. It starts at the beginning, and with wireless, the battery, like it or not, is the beginning. All else should be built around that, and it...
Couldn't agree more...but this design should have been made with a bigger battery in mind to begin with, and that's my point. I wish they would have thought of that beforehand and designed accordingly. There's no point in going the middle ground if it's going to hurt the reason for making the product in the first place(in this case, wireless, which needs at least decent battery life to be of any use first and foremost), and Brainwavz isn't usually the sort of company to do...
One last point to be made by me on the BLU-100's regarding battery life from what I'm starting to see in the initial reviews:   Folks will tend to try to look on the bright side of a product they are reviewing to try and place it somewhere where it might be of most use, despite it not being made for said segment, like in this case gym/workout use. I'm guilty of it myself. But is that really doing the product being reviewed justice? Is it telling the company it needs...
Agreed, it really doesn't have much competition here  Brainwavz has always been great at attacking a niche that most companies ignore. Glad to see a quality company making a bluetooth headset at this price point, it's been no name re branders here mostly. 
Which was my point exactly. I look forward to seeing what comes next from them in this category, these are pretty good as they sit, with the battery being the only real killer for me. I also use full sized headphones myself most of the time these days, but when I travel, I like to go light, and the smaller the better for my purposes. That's what got me into trying out bluetooth IEM's or on ears, so far the only way they come for low cost(under $30.00). I was a bit excited...
Agreed on comfort....but I've had a lot worse stuck in my ear. With the Comply's I'm quite comfy using them till their battery dies. A different shape, though, might allow for a bigger battery, so I'm with you on that. The weight/fit of the BLU-100's also makes it not so great for gym use, as it will always be shifting around in your ear, distracting you from your workout. As I've said, these aren't purpose built for that, and ask anyone who works out daily(like me...)and...
Well, wireless has a lot of allure to me, like during the summer months where a wire just gets in the way, or commuting where a wire is just one more thing to have to manage....yes the gym is also ideal, but there are many IEM's, even wireless ones, that are designed for that purpose with protections like the aforementioned waterproof build...these were not. Because of trying to use these like regular wired IEM's(what I think was the real purpose of these)more battery is...
Well....as I seem to agree with Brooko's review almost completely, and my review was an almost carbon copy, I'll just put up my impressions as well as what I disagreed with here as there is no need for almost the same reviews to be posted on here.   First off, unlike Brooko, I have quite a few sets of really low cost(under $30.00, some under $20.00) bluetooth headphones that I have been using for a few years now. They are generally re-branded versions of the same generic...