Posts by visualguy

Yes - it's still available.
These are Fostex TH-900 headphones.   http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-900.shtml   These headphone are in perfect like-new condition. I bought them new, and used them for only about 3 hours. I listen to headphones very rarely these days - too busy with other things, unfortunately.   I will include the original box, packaging materials, and everything that came with the headphones.   The price includes shipping in the continental US and PayPal fees.
Yes.
2nd price reduction
2nd price reduction
 Yes - that worked fine for me with the SRM-323S.
 Interesting... Vocals sound closer, more intimate, and more detailed to me on my SR-009 and W3000ANV than my TH-900. It's not a subtle difference - it's immediately noticeable.
 The recessed mids of the TH-900 make them sound less detailed and like something is missing. The somewhat distant vocals are also a significant disadvantage. I don't think you can call them reference with these issues. I would consider the SR-009 to be reference. The W3000ANV aren't reference either, but they have a sweet magical quality to their sound which is very engaging. I just wish I could install the TH-900 pads on the W3000ANV!
 Yes, you need a transformer. The Churi is good, but you can get less expensive ones, like from PowerBright. By the way, the SR-507 are very bright in general, and particularly with the SRM-323S. I had this setup, and wouldn't recommend it unless you love bright sound. Also, the SR-507 are somewhat uncomfortable.
I just got my TH-900. My other closed headphones are the ATH-W3000ANV. Here's how they compare:   TH-900 Advantages: (-) More comfortable. They surround the ears, while the W3000ANV press on the ears. (-) Bigger soundstage (-) More impactful bass, but it can intrude too much   W3000ANV Advantages: (-) More detailed sound (-) Better midrange. The midrange is noticeably recessed on the TH-900. (-) Better vocals - on the TH-900, vocals sound somewhat distant. (-)...