Posts by visualguy

Yes.
2nd price reduction
2nd price reduction
 Yes - that worked fine for me with the SRM-323S.
 Interesting... Vocals sound closer, more intimate, and more detailed to me on my SR-009 and W3000ANV than my TH-900. It's not a subtle difference - it's immediately noticeable.
 The recessed mids of the TH-900 make them sound less detailed and like something is missing. The somewhat distant vocals are also a significant disadvantage. I don't think you can call them reference with these issues. I would consider the SR-009 to be reference. The W3000ANV aren't reference either, but they have a sweet magical quality to their sound which is very engaging. I just wish I could install the TH-900 pads on the W3000ANV!
 Yes, you need a transformer. The Churi is good, but you can get less expensive ones, like from PowerBright. By the way, the SR-507 are very bright in general, and particularly with the SRM-323S. I had this setup, and wouldn't recommend it unless you love bright sound. Also, the SR-507 are somewhat uncomfortable.
I just got my TH-900. My other closed headphones are the ATH-W3000ANV. Here's how they compare:   TH-900 Advantages: (-) More comfortable. They surround the ears, while the W3000ANV press on the ears. (-) Bigger soundstage (-) More impactful bass, but it can intrude too much   W3000ANV Advantages: (-) More detailed sound (-) Better midrange. The midrange is noticeably recessed on the TH-900. (-) Better vocals - on the TH-900, vocals sound somewhat distant. (-)...
I just got my TH-900. My other closed headphones are the ATH-W3000ANV. Here's how they compare:   TH-900 Advantages: (-) More comfortable. They surround the ears, while the W3000ANV press on the ears. (-) Bigger soundstage (-) More impactful bass, but it can intrude too much   W3000ANV Advantages: (-) More detailed sound (-) Better midrange. The midrange is noticeably recessed on the TH-900. (-) Better vocals - on the TH-900, vocals sound somewhat distant. (-)...
I listen to both headphones and speakers. Headphones mostly when I don't want to bother other people. Otherwise, speakers.   Anyway, this was about the SR-009. I think I'm in good company in terms of people who can't listen to them at decent volume for a long period of time without getting fatigued. They aren't as bad in this regard as the SR-507 that I had, but still problematic. I listen mostly to classical music.   The SR-007mk1 are much better in this area,...