Posts by uncle b

Is the Sultan of Brunei now on head-fi?!?!?
Thanks so much for the input!
Thanks so much for that input. Things are starting to make sense, just a little learning curve after YEARS of All Apple Eveything, iTunes and Apple Lossless.
I am looking for any recommendations/suggestions for the fact I can't consistently get album artwork to come through when I transfer music onto the AK240. I have about 1TB of ALAC music, originally encoded in iTunes from CD's, stored on a removable hard-drive, with meticulously/obsessively maintained album artwork. When I drag-and-drop onto the AK240, much of the album art doesn't transfer over. Any help would be appreciated...
[quote You do need to get a good seal with the ear tips with the Roxanne.  Then you get great bass also.  I have to step back about about 1/3 on the bass adjustment to  get a balanced sound overall for my ears.  [/quote] Getting a good seal/the right tip with the Roxanne Uni's is ESSENTIAL. I mistakenly didn't try all the included tips when I received my Uni's, and I was convinced I may have just flushed $1299, only to be able to recoup a fraction of that on a re-seller...
Comply tips T500-large have just become a total game-changer for me and my Roxanne Universals. As I have stated, I was loving and loving my new RoxUni/UniRox. The only thing is they seemed like an at-home listening experience IEM. I just felt I wasn't getting the best seal and isolation and not really getting the most out of this amazing 'phone. Something just told me I should try the Large Comply foam tips included with the package. BOOM...totally changed the sound and...
Those things are pretty bad-ass.
I have to admit, and I have mentioned this before, my enjoyment of these Roxanne Uni's has unfolded in a rather natural and organic way. After ordering these but before I received the 'phones, I had heard enough less-than-glowing assessments and criticisms (be it customer service, sound, size, quality control) to make me think this may have been one of my biggest blunders in my years of IEM listening, but I forged on. When I got them, they were big, and bulky, and didn't...
So sorry to hear about that! As a new Roxanne owner as well, it pains me to think you're having quality control issues with an IEM that I had heard some less than glowing comments about, but have been very happy with so far. Hopefully things will work out and you can get those things back in your ears and head.
I felt the same way, when I got them, but as the fit stabilized and I familiarized myself with insertion, that harshness went away.