or Connect

Posts by uncle b

I was at a July 4th party this weekend and was STUNNED at the quality and loudness of a UE Megaboom that was being used at the party. Quality enough to sound good as background music at the beginning of the party, loud enough for when the sun went down! I had dismissed this tube shaped speaker as a gimmick, but I was shocked at how good it sounded!
I thought the Pono I had was a slow load, but that is crazy!!!
Thanks, and keep 'Em coming!
Does anyone have any experience with Grado headphones, un-amped, through the PONO? I have been a long-time IEM user, but was looking toward getting a full-sized headphone that is easily driven, un-amped.
I have a 128GB card installed along with the 64GB on board the player, and I have music stored on both cards. Since I am on an Apple MacBook, I expected more problems than I have had. Originally, the library scan was taking really long. I actually went to the settings, and changed the "Time Out/Screen Lock" to 5 seconds. I noticed that if still scanning after screen time-out, the second you unlock the player again, everything is available.
That's what I figured!
Not really sound-related, but my album art is looking pretty rough on that PONO screen. Any thoughts/tips/recommendations on resolution(s) for good looking album art on the PONO? Most of my stuff is 600x600 and looks quite good on my other devices.
Currently having great deal of trouble updating PONO player and PONO Music World on my MacBook. Kinda frustrating me.
Thanks, y'all! Did take a little adjusting to the brightness and everything is going good!
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring a little more legibility/clarity to the screen? Mine seems especially hard to view at less-than-optimal angles and it seems very washed out. I know it's not the greatest screen, but I am having trouble viewing it.