Posts by Questhate

In case anyone is interested, there were some pics of the Suji finish cups posted in the Bay Area meet thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/706128/official-2014-bay-area-meet-sunday-feb-16th-2014-impressions-thread/15#post_10281715
 It was Jazzfan's setup (see pictures above). 
I suck at photo-journaling. I start taking pictures then get distracted as my ADD kicks in. Here are some of the few shots that I took:   Purrin's open-baffle speaker setup. He went through the costs and estimated maybe $600-$700 for the pair? Kinda puts the value of high-end headphones in perspective. Then again, he ran it through about 8K worth of source and amp. These things sound very realistic though. A few people mentioned once Purrin threw on some live...
These may be my first LFF headphones too. Lucky for me, ZD pulled the trigger before I did, so I can have a long audition before buying.    Isolation is EXCELLENT (and that is one of the main reasons I'm interested in these). I was amazed at how it drowned out all of that meet noise. Not sure about noise leakage though, but I'd assume its likewise excellent. 
 There are numbers thrown around, but it'd be more fair to leave it up to LFF to announce more details and pricing, as I'm not sure if it's finalized or not. I did tell LFF he could easily charge more, given the market and competition, but he said he'd like to keep the price as low as he can. I get the sense this project is a labor of love more than anything.  Congrats on getting that Suji finish. They look *really* cool in person, and have much more character than a...
Got to hear these at the Bay Area meet.    These are probably the best closed headphones I've heard. I got to hear them back to back with the LCD-XC and Alpha Dogs, and the Enigmas were the only one to get the mids spot-on, in that they didn't have that "cupped" sound typical of closed-back headphones. I was amazed at how open these sounded.    Compared to the Paradox Slants, the Enigmas are tuned a tad more musical (touch more bass, notably), but definitely tuned by...
Checking in to say thanks to everyone who pitched in their efforts to make this meet possible.   @CEE TEE and @zerodeefex for doing all of the heavy lifting into making this the best SF Bay Area meet evarrr.   The vendors who donated the raffle prizes (Schiit, MrSpeakers, Light Harmonic, HiFiMan, @darinf, Audio DYNA, and Ultimate Ears).  @purrin for his efforts, especially in renting out that room to share his speaker setup with all of us -- that was huge treat.  All...
 Ha! I knew you'd come around  I've never owned an HD650, but have extensive time with an HD600 and I prefer that to the LCD2 overall. Like you said, some aspects are better but holistically the HD600 win out. Got an HD650 coming in any day now since you swayed me from an HD600 purchase. 
 Speaking from my experience selling mine -- my ad wasn't even up for 2 hours before someone sent payment to me. So, best bet to get a used one is to keep refreshing the classifieds regularly since FOTM train is full speed ahead on them right now.  And to be clear, I'm not a hater. I quite liked the LCD-X, but they are not without their problems. I've seen a handful of folks express their issues with the LCD-X, but those types of comments tend to be stated once or twice...
LCD-X for sale. I've purged all of my headphone gear and this is the last one out. These are the gunmetal rings with leather, and come with the travel case.    Crappy phone pictures attached.   Shipping to CONUS included. Paypal gift or buyer pays the fees.