or Connect

Posts by BrucYSN

Hey guys, I'm looking for an upgrade DAC from my current system, I am going to pair it with WA6SE. I hope some one could help me decide which one is better, currently on Amazon CA is about $130 more than MF, I wanna know if the difference in price is Justified. Best Bruce
Hey guys, I am currently looking for an amp for my Ath W5000, After reading reviews I decided to pick either the WA6 or the WA6 SE. I've seen people saying that SE is obvious upgrade from standard WA6. However, someone also said that with PSPD WA6 could get "really" close to the SE verision, So I want to hear people's opinions before I buy one. I also want to know about the upgrades on WA6SE and WA6, What kinda upgrade i can get for WA6SE( besides the tube upgrade) that...
Hi guys, I have a question about the AKG 701 and the amps. I hope some one could help me. It is my understanding that a High impedance phone needs am amp to deliver decent voltage swing and low impedance would rely on the current to deliever proper sound. So for the cans like AKG 701 with 60 ohms, would an amp help? How?
Bump
I got a IE7 recently and was thing about getting a portable amp, say, fiio e7. However, as for the low impedance iems like IE7 ( which is 12 ohm i think.) Would that be a good idea to pair it with an amp? Will there be gains ? or loss?. The reason why I wanna an amp for it it's because I'm getting really bad output with the cowon I9, the sound is dark ( really dark), "thin" and vocals were like murmuring.  So I would be more than glad to get some...
Bump
I recently brought a pair of Sennheiser's  IE8, however, I kinda got feeling that my Cowon I9 could really drive it. The sound is really sin and the mids are kinda left out. Even my crappy Realtek sound card on my laptop can brought much fuller sound than the I9. I am not sure if's my I9's own problem or it's just need a little boost from an amp So, after reading many favorable review from head-fi, I ordered an Fiio E7. However after I pluged in my laptop to try out the...
Oh, OK I was just wonder, I am new to the Audiophile world, the sales man in the audio store said everything trend matters, but I figured I already got a amp and DAC what would sound card do for me. Thanks a lot
Hey guys, I got question about the sound card. I've got a sennheiser 650 and AKG 702, and a little dot MKIV+, and kinglex Dac. So i wonder with my setup, would upgraded sound card improve the sound quality?(if I listen from my computer). Because the problem is that I mostly use my laptop, and I don't think it's possible to upgrade its sound card, and I am not sure about those external ones. So I kinda hope if some one could tell me how much will it improve by upgrade the...
Hey guys, I got question about the sound card. I've got a sennheiser 650 and AKG 702, and a little dot MKIV+, and kinglex Dac. So i wonder with my setup, would upgraded sound card improve the sound quality?(if I listen from my computer). Because the problem is that I mostly use my laptop, and I don't think it's possible to upgrade its sound card, and I am not sure about those external ones. So I kinda hope if some one could tell me how much will it improve by upgrade...