Posts by tool462

Ha nice.  Maybe I'll make a 200' cable and wear my cans to work (I walk to work) :p   What's on the inside?  I've got a silver cable right now but it's real stiff and annoying to some extent.
Looks good!   Is that a beer on your desk?  I rarely spy a brew that I can't recognize (I try every beer I can buy/trade for and keep bottles covering the walls of my office :p) and I'm not sure what it is.  Label style looks like Odell but I don't think I've missed any offerings.   @JamesMcProgger:  What kind of cable/sleeving is that?  I'd like to buy some bulk cable that is nice and supple and I like the look of the sleeving after the y-split.  Looks like soft...
Posted pics of my main rig, but this is one of my other computers that I use to stream movies/TV shows from my file server as well as light web browsing.  Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's featured as my movie watching sound on the couch.   Original NES (manufactured date is the same month/year as I was born) with slightly more powerful innards.  AMD-E350 APU overclocked a bit on the Gigabyte board with 4GB of low voltage/low profile RAM.  OCZ 30GB Vertex SSD (brings this...
Sending PM.
Intriguing.  I listen to my woodies with flat EQ, but I'll dabble with your settings in a bit and see what I think.
Tool - Forty-six & 2 (sometimes just the opening bass sequence)   then usually Meshuggah - Bleed or Lethargica   then a random Nirvana or Alice in Chains unplugged vinyl rip     Gives me a quick idea what I'll like to listen to through them the most.
I noticed that about the replaceable blade straight razor like the inexpensive one I posted up top that got me started.  I really liked the Derby blades, even though only a fraction of the blade is exposed, they seemed a little more forgiving if you made a pass at too much of an angle or something, I didn't get any razor burn at all with those.  I think when I get my upcoming raise at work I may "upgrade" my Dovo full hollow to a higher end one :)  Not really sure how...
I own a few I got at antique stores, but I went straight to the straight razor.  I need to remember to get some of the DE blades to try out my Parker.
  I don't mind the Surefire's at all.  Just about every coworker of mine carries one in some form or another, I simply bought the Eagletac to show them that Surefire and our duty-issued Streamlight's arent the only way to sweep a room.   I live and work in way-north Minnesota and have had no problems with the Eagletac or the 4Sevens at -20F aside from being less bright than they would be 110 degrees warmer in the summer.   Some of those original 6P's go for insane amounts...
I wet shave and will never go back to "new school" shaving.  That is one thing that definitely has not gotten better over the years, the only thing better about modern razors is it is harder to cut yourself.    I started out with one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Parker-SR1-Stainless-Straight-Razor/dp/B002PQZEHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317557102&sr=8-1 using Derby blades and it worked very well.  100 blades go for about $8 and I get a closer shave so I...