Posts by tool462

I love that Schiit.   You'd think I would get bored of saying that.  I don't.
Got them put back together with some Family Dollar cotton, sounds better than before.  Bass is definitely tighter and the mids don't hide from me so much :)   Now I just need a better source!
Were the old speakers M-Audio?  If so, what are the new ones and how do they compare?  I recognize them, just don't know what they are exactly.
Your white dog must not shed much...   If I bought a black couch it would be white in a week from my White German Shepherd
The cable biz must be treating you well   Too bad you couldn't invest in a better phone to go with all that stuff
  Yeah, I used to be somewhat guilty of such before I started learning about real fitness (mid high school or so).   You'd be better off doing only squats and deadlifts than doing bench press, curls and abs ;)   If you notice my workout above doesn't even have flat bench in it.
Abs have almost nothing to do with working out, it's all diet and body fat composition.
Thanks guys, I'll keep playing with it when I get some time.  We only have an Ace Hardware here and a dollar store, but I will grab a few things and see what sounds good, I just wanted to confirm that the damping had an effect on the mids :) 
The GEM I shave with currently was from a travel kit, but the kit was pretty destroyed when I found it at an antique store.  The razor itself was in remarkable condition, I think the box was stored somewhere quite damp, but no rust anywhere on the razor.   If I get a job that allows more than my all too short weekends, I'll need to look around for a vintage kit.   I'll gladly buy as many as they'll sell me of those kits for $12 though
Just finished my first round of modding.  Damn what a difference!   I'm quite surprised at the upper range detail that was missing before, I am a Grado/Hifiman HE-300 owner so that was something I was prepared to miss, but I don't at all so far.     One thing, I didn't have any cotton available but wanted to hear them.  I used a small amount of "fluff" from one of my dog's toys but it doesn't seem to appear as dense as the Rite Aide but I didn't use much...