Posts by tool462

Looks good!  How do you like the keypad, and what types of games do you use it with?   I thought about getting one when EQ Next comes out, depending what kind of button mapping I need for it.
You'll adapt very fast to carrying a gun that slim IWB.  Unless you are overweight, then people seem to ditch IWB pretty fast due to comfort.
  I haven't tried it yet, but Cyanogen and battery life aren't usually a common pair.  Tons of variables to consider of course, other than just the ROM.   I'm still going back to Pacman ROM after trying stuff on the N4, Franco Kernel for me since I love the updater and app.
  Mice and peripherals seem to be even more fanboy filled than graphics cards or CPUs.   Some strictly buy one company, others strictly avoid one company, etc.   I used to write reviews (roundups) and will gladly use whatever company has the best option out at the time.
  No problem, shoot me a PM if you need any assistance putting together your first real loop.  I keep up to date on the stuff coming out and have probably done 200-250 loops so I can help steer you clear from any issues ;)
    Rampage III Formula will be able to adjust voltages on the fan headers from 4.4v to 12.1v so if you can't make the BIOS Q-Fan work you could try Asus' program called TurboV Evo and use the Fan Xpert tab within the program.   Not saying you can't get a new cooler (I for one, hate the "all in one" "water" coolers) but just trying to help you avoid spending cash if you don't have to :)
It is a generational refresh and the increased CPU and GPU performance is nothing short of impressive for just a "refresh."   The display, the SoC and the Wifi chip alone in one device for $229 is "amazing" to me.   Not to mention the much faster storage and RAM performance and the addition of TRIM to the eMMC to maintain storage speeds when you start filling it up.
  If it is a PWM header you can make your own noise profile in the BIOS based on the temp of the CPU, what motherboard do you have?   I can help you set it up if you aren't familiar with that.
  Why not just run the fans off a PWM header on the mobo?
The cases haven't been out all that long.  Just dirty/dusty which is usually enhanced nicely by flash.   (Not my case, just commenting)