Posts by stratocaster

I am offering my SCHIIT Modi/Vali stack, complete with PYST and USB cables. Europlug, 230VAC. Everything is working perfectly, pristine condition. Buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees.
HD560 Ovation I,  waterfall plots:      
HD 560 Ovation I measurements:         Here is the effect of some 5mm felt in front of the driver:     Comparison: HD560 stock - with foam in front of the driver - HD600 stock:  
Here is my favourite so far, the modded HD540II (using some internal damping) with HM5 velour pads. The following graph shows that the modded HD540II has the same bass extension of the HD600 but the midbass hump is eliminated. Plus it definitely has more air than the HD600.  
Here is my HD530ii. It didn't have any pads, so I tried several I had lying around and strangely enough some noname velour pads performed best.  
FYI, this is how my HD540II measures. Pads are stock velour.   Waterfall Plot:   For reference, this is my HD600:  
Looking for a working Senn HD540 Reference driver. PM me if you have one to offer.
Looking for a working Senn HD540 Reference driver. PM me if you have one to offer.
With this closed setup and the leather pads the Koss drivers have a more linear response than the Sennheiser drivers. In my experience the KSC-75 drivers perform best.
Your leather pads look promising. Do not forget to dampen the cups with some open-cell foam to deminish any reverb.