Posts by rohan575

Headphones cannot produce natural and desired crosstalk for one to truly spatially image the sound. But, DSP algorithms make it possible for headphones to produce this. Headphones have an advantage of cost as well as space. As Patrick said, a good speaker system with an undamped room is basically crap, not the case with headphones.   But there is one problem DSP often makes changes to the signal which makes it slightly different form the original one.   Rohan
hey, Amps can be either SS (solid state) Tube or hybrid (both) with each type a huge number of circuits are possible howerer there is a BASE circuit such as non-inverting amplifier or a biased class A mosfet driver ect... 
Output power simple the amount of sound energy a headphone can produce per second at a maximum. Impedance is a factor in this.   for reference   POWER = VOLTAGE X CURRENT
could you ship em to india via fedex not usps ? btw the cost has gone down to 60$ in India by a dristributer called cinetek i cant get hold of em not in stock.
always remember DC + HEADPHONE or any driver = BAAAAAAAD there is a conductor in your headphone rated at 32 Ohm or 16 Ohm imagine a voltage of say 2V DC will push 62.5 mA and your headphone will ac hive a power of around 125mW not quite good when this at DC. So a burn can be simple music and no need for complex waveforms. 
quite correct to go deeper google "Young's modulus of elasticity", every elastic material even plastic materials have some value of Y or Young's modulus, since speakers have a larger diameter they need more "stress" or work to be done on them for the fibers in the material to be re-aligned in the best possible pattern to reduce strain on them.   Burn in is a repetitive process but the first one has maximum effect.  
Burn in is a simple procedure to make things comfortable for the diaphragm. A newly made diaphragm is not as elastic as a burned-in one. That's all to it. nothing else actually (in my knowledge).   Try something, buy a new rubber band see how flexible it is, then continuously flex it and again and again for a few days see the difference. The same thing is involved in headphones.   Rohan
Cables are quite an interesting topic their performance is based on the following    1.) Physical build stress handling capability, ever wonder why cheap cables introduce noise when they are twisted and turned?   Mainly because the fibers inside them are constantly coming in and out of contact which changes the inductive reactantance in them to make the cable suddenly shift its characteristics and introduce noise due to the change. Good cables do not have this...
FiiO rocks out the market so well, really all other guys are getting a kick in the *** at such a competitive price. We had tested the FiiO e7 in our lab just to check it out once and it performed superbly. i don't know if i am in a position to make suggestions i don't have much experience with SS amp's but i am quite familiar with Ti's and Wolf-son's IC integration into commercial products.   It would be nice if this time a better architecture could be used instead...
Note: i only discussed "imaging" part of sound stage. There are other parts to it as well.   Cheers Rohan