Posts by rohan575

comfort vs beats i would have some issues but anyways for the money the SRH440 are great!
I had the older version with the IRF630, with the IRF510 expect good but not fantastic treble but as for the crosstalk you still need to mod it. 
A proper review   I've was looking around for reviews but all i got was well.... people fighting. can't upload photos right now but will soon do as soon as i can get my alpha working again.     Equipment: Indeed "hifi" tube amp 12AU7  Price: 80$ Tested with: HD555, HD800 *borrowed(i can't afford one ;( ), Sony MDR 7506, Beyer DT100   Source: IPOD touch, fubar DAC (no amps pre-amps or drivers used)   Build: sturdy with a crappy PCB i wasent to...
Info on the new amp
hello, you see i am on a very tight budget of 200$ for an AMP and a can. I am 16 now so no credit cards or paypal etc (don't know what mom and dad have against shipping from the US) anyways i have located some dealers in my country who are ready to import cans for me. I have a HD600 on loaned terms and the only can i own is the HD428 the HD600 was given to me by a dealer for a month or so in exchange for me writing reviews for cans he has in stock by giving them a quick...
  Shure SRH 440 DJ headphones Current Price:  99$ Headphone.com   Specifications: Cord Length: 10 ft. (3 m) Detachable Cable: Yes Driver Type: Dynamic Impedance @ 1kHz: 44 Weight: 272 grams w/o cable Isolation: -12dB ~ -16dB Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size Headphone Type: Full Size Acoustic Seal: Closed Cord Type: Coiled Left-Side Coupler Size: Large Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years Sensitivity: 105...
Who said burn in makes the SQ magically increase. It has little effect on the sound, rather it is a natural process that occurs again and again, the only thing that changes is the weave pattern of the cone and diaphragm to handle more stress with lesser strain.
Yes however its the length that has greater effect not width.

Standing waves or stationary waves are simple harmonic waves which actually "stand" or don't move.  They are closed loops of energy which oscillates between two mediums. An example   These waves are "standing" or just bouncing back and forth between the two mediums.   imagine it something like a ball bouncing between two walls.   Why are they important? Standing waves can sometime resonate (increase in their amplitude) which often is trouble for a speaker...