Posts by rohan575

10101010101010101010   That's it! simple, on or off, 1 or 0, 0v or +5v. Only if it were so simple, we presume that digital signals are "clean" 1's and 0's sadly they are not. When things are happening so fast (a few megahertz) things can go crazy inside a cable. Inductance, interference, jitter, loss etc..etc..   and there's the best of them, what is 2.5v? 1 or 0? :P    a cable's job is to deliver information from one place to another. Digital circuits have to be...
just wanted to point out a paper on the relevant topic.    
emm...http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/hi-end-cables
We've had countless EQ, bass boost etc... technologies present. But this is a new one. Were starting research and would like to have feedback from headfiers.   It's called Headphone Profiling Every headphone in the world has a unique frequency curve which can be corrected by a DSP changing amplitude voltage in real-time to correct the curve. This can then be mapped and stored in memory for different models of headphones.   Eg:   Now, as an example, The...
Thread for new technologies, this one based on response correction.
Interesting   Note: these are NOT real world values the system was subjected to over 1167mW way above what normal headphones handle.   Let me explain this, I'll take the original value to be 'x' and the new value to be 'y' the data here will be y/x only a ratio.   Data is not sufficient, ratio's are running in 10^(-4) which is beyond the least count of the system.   Amplitude (from diametric normal , sine wave 2.2Vp-p) Original = 3.6678mm register value...
Here's something that i am upto     It's basically a fixed amplitude detector. The test material has been to attached to a coil (76Ohm) which is constantly energised. The magnets are elctro-magnets configured to generate forced sine vibrations on the test material. The amplitude is calculated by the laser detector which can only detect a fixed amplitude. This system will be left operational for 100+ hours and the amplitude will be measured again (maximum value)....
While in my limited knowledge and only an electron microscope which i am permitted use at the university it is quite clear that molecular re-alignments occur and although i don't have an audio lab at my disposal i made some measurements using a pair of laser detectors (a pair of laser and a detector diametrically fired) (least count 0.005mm) to see the actual amplitude change.   If we go down to a resolution of 56ms (maximum my home made DAC can handle :( ) it was...
I stand corrected,   Lets take a simple polymer geometry, poly(methylene) for now,     H     H     H     H     H     H     H     H --C -- C  --C -- C  -- C -- C  -- C -- C  --     on this level atoms can rotate (due to the sigma bonds and Sp3 hybridization only on a TEMPORARY basis)* and as a bulk (macroscopic)    H     H     H     H     H     H     H     H           level there cannot be permanent plastic deformation but yes it can be proved that the elastic...
Theory Youngs modulus = Stress / strain , elastic fatigue is 0 for perfect materials but incase of headphone diaphrams they DO have some value which changes strain or impact on them.  thus changing sound