Posts by GGXtreme

^This. Amazon has a sale on the HP150 for $130I'm not sure if the K553 is any better at fitting smaller heads than the original K550/551 (which aside from comfort can impact bass). Having owned the K551 and HP150, I personally think the HP150 has a small advantage in dynamics and bass impact, but find the K551's soundstage to be a bit more three-dimensional (HP150's seems wider). I preferred the timbre of my HP150's to the K551, but one reviewer said he thought the K553...
Would you be able to tell us anything about listening preferences? Music/movies/games? What genres? Does it need to be closed-back? Etc. If you're considering the K550 and M50x I'd say as far as "sound/soundstage" is concerned you may want to consider the SoundMagic HP150 and the AudioTechnica ATH-A900X. The K550 is very particular on fit to get a good sound (I wasn't able to unless I pressed against the pads and I have a pretty average head size), the M50x doesn't quite...
Glad you found the info helpful, best of luck on your search
I don't find the HP150 to be heavy. My ears don't get hotter with the HP150 than other headphones I've used, but I will note that the distance from your ears to the drivers are small and your ears may touch the foam covering when you wear them (which I guess could make them hot with long sessions). On the other hand, the DT770 has a stronger clamping force from what I've read, but both headphones are rated as comfortable. I wouldn't worry too much about the HP150 cable...
I wouldn't have much input on open-back not having owned any myself. I would say that for a warm/bass-focused open back you'd probably be sacrificing sub-bass in exchange for more mid-bass (that seems to be the case with the HP150 vs HP200). I've heard mixed responses on the HP200, some comparing it favorably to the HP150 while others saying it doesn't really net a lot of the open-back gains--like a huge soundstage--compared to other open-backs in the price range. Maybe...
I'm not sure what your options are for ordering online where you are, but if you can order from Amazon: For your budget, I would consider the SoundMagic HP150. -It's closed-back, slightly U-shaped sound signature with deep bass. -The overall sound to me is slightly warm, with neutral mid-bass and extended and enhanced sub-bass. That means deep, crushing impact in the lowest of lows without the mid-bass bloat that makes some headphones sound veiled or congested. -The...
I find these things have an interesting fit, almost like 3 different kinds of earphones. The tips are inserted like any IEM, but the housings fit me as if I were wearing an earbud (and they hold fine wearing them like that). I find the fit with the earguides very comfortable and secure (I have the old, smaller earguides that shipped with the last GR07 version).
Oddly enough, I always lined up the lines correctly on my S4, but not for this reason—more because I noticed the lines and my OCD tendencies kicked in >_>
This. Also, you just might be asking this in the wrong forum.
Just got mine today. Which is really surprising, considering they shipped this past Saturday—I got them 8 days after I placed my order/3 business days after they were shipped