Posts by Pwn3r4Life

I'm with you. For $28 a bottle, a smaller bottle than the Noodler's, I can't justify it. At least not now with my student-sized budget. Diamine Oxblood is such a great color. I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle when I get a second pen for colored inks.   Tangent. The feed on my Sheaffer 100 just clogged really badly. It was starting and stopped randomly and had a ton of feedback. Took the converter off, took a bulb syringe and shot water through the section but it...
May I ask, what is the obsessions with Iroshizuku ink? I mean, Noodler's has so many kinds and colors of inks, 3 oz for $12.50 from Goulet Pen company. I only hear good things about the Noodler's inks. Do the Pilot inks perform that much better? To me, the difference I see is that the Pilot inks ALWAYS look gorgeous. Every color. Whereas with like, the Noodler's inks, some inks are bad or just look ugly. But I'd like to have someone broaden my horizons.
Silver is a tad brighter than copper due to it's inductance properties cutting bass. This is what you are hearing. You prefer copper! As I imagine I would. I plan on building a cable for myself. I think I'm going to use OCC copper. I can't stand bright sound.
Any interest in selling seperately?
Attempting to revive a long dead thread here, but please hear me out. I also think that I would like to change my name. I don't want to create a new account as to lose my posts and trader feedback. I don't care too much about the posts, but the trader feedback is not easy to get back.   I also have some reviews that I did that are laughable at best. I plan to delete them and change my picture as part of my rebranding effort.   Why do I want to change my name you ask?...
I have one of these, albeit the newer "2013 edition." Quite simply, if you game, you should have one of these. It allows you to adjust chat and game volume separately. Not only that, but this thing pumps some power and drives my HE-400 to a loud volume at about 40%. Great price too.
In my experience, very much so. The velours really opened up the headphones. While I generally prefer leather or pleather because I am a bit of a basshead and am sensitive to forward treble and sibilance, the PM-2 with velour was just peachy. They were very comfortable for 15 minutes, and I couldn't imagine them getting uncomfortable over time.
I had a chance to briefly demo these at Chi Un Fi in the summer of 2014. I also was not impressed with the PM-1. I spent maybe 15-20 minutes with both the PM-1's and the HE-560 from Hifiman. I found the Hifiman to be better all around. But talking to the reps from Oppo, apparently the PM-2 and the PM-1 have the same sound. They just use some cheaper materials and manufacturing techniques to hit a lower price point. OCC cables instead of OFC, Substituting out metals for...
I received two Sheaffer 100's for Christmas. One from my mother and one from my girlfriend. Both silver. At first, I thought that I'd use them both, albeit with different colored inks, but then I realized I'd have to check by writing or at the least uncapping and looking at the nib creep before using, and this would be a total pain. Thus, I have not used the one with the medium nib, but am loving the one with the fine nib. Any chance anyone would want to trade for a...
I spent maybe a total of 10-15 hours researching ink. The Bernanke Black is the fastest drying, but also has horrible blead through. Apparently the Borealis is slightly blacker, a bit shinier, and dries a little faster. The largest difference between the two, however, is the bulletproof nature. This being my first time with bottle inks, I'd rather not go with a bulletproof ink, just in case I end up spilling on myself. Let me know how you like it!And I might use the mylar...