Posts by Pwn3r4Life

Here is what many will tell you Sennheiser HD 650 + Objective 2 DAC/Amp (They might recommend a Schiit Valhalla 2)   The biggest thing to understand is this, most headphones people will suggest will be good, great even. But you need to figure out what YOU want in a headphone. Do you prefer extremely fast bass that extends so low that you feel it in your head but can't hear it, try planars like the LCD 2 and the HE-560 (my preference)? Do you want the airiest, best...
Get a modmic. http://www.modmic.com/ I have one and love it. It is the best SQ that you'd ever need for gaming. I have mine mounted to a cable clip, and clip it to the cable of my headphones. The best part about this solution, is that it allows you to upgrade your headphones in the future, and keep your mic. Also, you won't need a special sound card at all.   $250 headphones and a $50 mic will almost always sound better than a $300 gaming headset.   If you have no...
Grado SR80i In this category, these are fantastic. They have good clarity and soundstage for the price point. But they are not for everyone, they are pretty bright (emphasis on highs).
No argument about the portability. But for the shape of my ears, universal IEMs tend to hate me. Years down the road, I will get some customs, but not anytime soon.
I have no experience with Shures. But I have to say that I vastly prefer full size cans to IEMs when it comes to high end gear. In ears simply cannot compete with full size in soundstage and smoothness. IEMs tend to be more technical, full size tend to be more forgiving (not necessarily less detail), I prefer forgiving.   Anyways. In regards to trades, there is a forum section on here for trading. People get feedback, blah blah blah. Generally in trades, the person with...
If you want something musical and different from the Beats, I recommend the DT 770. Anything Beyerdynamic will be the complete opposite end of the spectrum from Beats, and pretty damn good as well. And I believe in both burn-in and brain burn in. Your ears will adjust in time to the less sparkly highs. But the bass will increase in transparency and punchiness over time. At least, that is my experience from all of the headphones I've ever owned.
They are bass heavy, but honestly not a bad headphone. Go to Best Buy, give them a solid listen, and decide if you like them.   Check out Ty from InnerFidelity's Review Here I legitimately trust his reviews more than any other reviewer. He does a fantastic job of putting the sound of headphones into words.   If you don't mind my asking, for what store is the gift card? I know that Best Buy has a lot of other headphones, if you know where to look in the...
None of these are getting enough head time. I want something, anything that I'll actually use.   Up for trade is my collection of various portable headphones. I am looking for...   Full Size Cans Portables IEMs Fountain Pens Gadgets ANYTHING!   Make me a trade offer! I will consider ALL OFFERS and I can add cash as necessary for any and all trades.   Bose IE2  $30 Condition 7/10 Headphones are in perfect condition. Right ear cuts in and out. The issue is...
I know I have an espresso machine somewhere. I will look for it when I get home this weekend.
As far as the fins, pick whichever better matches the design of the headphone and is the most comfortable. I assume from the box that the IEMs are going to be very edgy, so my vote goes to III.