Posts by Pwn3r4Life

IMO, HE-560 is a great buy. Fantastic price to performance. The ether is better, all around. The bass isn't as fast (unfortuneatley I didn't throw all of my bass test tracks at it) but it does sound more life-like and natural. I think they are tonally similar, not the same, but similar (albeit I'm drawing on an impression of the 560 that I also heard at a show in the summer of last year), but the Ether is much better, technically speaking. The Ether wins hands down on...
I listened to these at Axpona today across three different amps, all of which were running off the Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. I listened on the Woo Audio WA5 with some fancy "Sophie" or "Sophia" tubes that apparently cost $1,200 a pair. I also used the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson which is a tube hybrid and the Schiit Ragnarok.   To describe the Ether in a word, great. Simply great. While I was volunteering at the mrspeakers booth, one person was actually comparing them to...
Couldn't agree more. With headphones in general, and it is even worse in CIEMs, it seems like manufacturers want you to buy their brand instead of their product. I just want to know if I'll like how it sounds before I spend my hard earned dollars. Thanks Piotr!
Can someone make a comparison to a full size or on ear headphone that has a similar sound signature to the Ei.3? I'm so close to ordering these, but just want to make sure I like them as I am quite picky about sound signature.
What's in the kit? This intrigues me.
Oh! That's easy. Thanks a bundle!Any idea about volume control, for Android?And any idea on where to snag a microphone and switches? I'm sure I can find somewhere, I'm just curious on recommendations.
I had not heard about this CIEM yet. I have been intrigued with Piotr's work for some time now, but kind of ignored the Music Two's because I don't like V-shaped. These very much peak my interest as I love headphones that are warm, full, and intimate, with a polite treble response. These might be perfect for me and I can't wait!
Anyone have any experience getting phone controls (play/pause/resume) and a microphone on a DIY cable?   As I mostly use my Android phone as a source, I really would like to have these in-line controls. I plan to upgrade to a Sony Walkman DAP somewhere down the line to maintain the same cord control functionality. Any help?
Depends on who you reshell through.   I myself have not done this and can offer no help. But many companies that offer reshells say that they take the original sound of the headphone into regard when making the reshell.
$150 is the reshell cost of IEMs other than Custom Art's. Ownership transfer from the website is ~$80 if you want all one color.