or Connect

Posts by Pwn3r4Life

Ironically, I own AD700s and don't find the soundstage anything spectacular. I'll test it more heavily tomorrow and with proper amplification. I find them to be very open and airy sounding, but other than that I wouldn't say their soundstage is that great. My Sony MDR-1R have awesome spacing but terrible imaging and no airiness. Both of these headphones have angled drivers. The AD700's are bigger and less angled than the Sony if that matters.
So this is yet another one of those things. The soundstage might suck because the music was recorded poorly and/or mastered lazily. Great. Just wonderful.
But with speakers isn't your mind still interpreting the sound to come from in front of you. Granted, that is actually the case, but either way, why can't headphones trick your ears into making your brain think the sound is coming from a different location? What acoustic properties dictate soundstage? That's what I'm getting at here. Agree. I never cared about or really noticed soundstage until recently. Dynamics have always sounded more open to me (boosted treble), but...
If you've read any of my reviews, you'll notice I dance around the topic of soundstage. I hide from it. This is purely because I feel that it is a word that gets tossed around all too often and carelessly. This is my attempt to define it and understand, through and through, of course with the help of fellow Head-Fiers.   Below I have listed and described what I believe to be the sub-points that a headphone (or speaker system) must hit to have a great...
Ownership Transfer through The Custom Art is 75 Euros (plus more depending on design and options). The 175 euros is for remold of universal IEMs.
I've read a couple of reviews of universal demo units of customs that aren't normally sold as universals. There are some very minor differences in sound I've heard, can't remember what they are though. As long as you have a good seal, you should be close enough. I wouldn't talk too much about fit if I were you.
Head-Fi username: Pwn3r4Life Location (City, Country): St Charles, IL Final products previously used: None Source gear: Ha-Info U2 Plus USB DAC/Amp iPod Video > Fiio E11 Oneplus One Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-2/reviews/12513   I promise to be a bit less wordy in my review if I'm blessed (see what I did there?) with the chance to hear this IEM.
It was the K10 comparison. I get it now though. Thank you!
Not hating on the Oppo HA-1, because I actually personally like that unit. I was A/Bing the HE-1000 and Ether at ChiUniFi on the Oppo HA-1. The Ether has slightly laid back treble to begin with, and the HA-1, for whatever reason (I don't know), really accentuates this. The HE-1000 sounded a lot lighter on its feet on this unit in comparison to the Ether. It also has nicer and more top end sparkle, but no splash. Having heard the Ether on many other rigs though, I figure...