Posts by Pwn3r4Life

Ameagis (I think that is how you spell his name) had whistling issues with his Pioneer HDJ 2000. He had special ultra thin sound tape, help me out guys if you know what I am talking about. Take off the shields and put the tape on the inside. It is ultra thin so it doesn't close the headphone at all. He said there was tighter bass, more than likely placebo. It is special tape that is so thin it doesn't affect sound but fixes whistling, its weird. Try finding like...
I got a B&W Zeppelin from Best Buy. Not the air so it was $400. Floor sample so it was $300. I was very pleased that I walked in with $500 and walked out with $200 left. It was a great deal. The Zeppelin Mini stinks, Bose with bass. The Zeppelin is awesome, just lacks a touch of bass detail.
Just went to Best Buy and compared my M-80s to the B&W P5s. OH MY MOTHER OF PEARL FIRE ON THE POOPDECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The M-80s absolutely destroyed every single test. The only thing is the P5s were a bit more imersive on the vocals. Other than that it wasn't even a contest. The P5s didn't even compare on the bass. The M-80s made it seem like the bass had as much detail as an engineers drawing and the P5s a kindergartener with a green crayon. The bass was so over...
I'm really inexperienced about IEMs. Especially sub-$50 range. But when I say they are killing their $20 pairs, I mean they are killing their Skullcandy Ink'd or their Apple Stock headphones. They treat their headphones nice its just stupid stuff that shouldn't break headphones. A 3 foot drop, a drop of the iPod tugs on the cord and it shorts out. What is a quality bud that is known for durability that's cheap. I recommend the V-moda remix because it is made out of...
  Same for me, then they adjusted. When I say give them 30 hours on you head before deciding about comfort, I'm 100% serious with no exaggeration. Just when they hurt take them off, put them on later. 30 hours total, not straight. Tip, if they are too tight, a quick fix is to do a few flat headband bends, that expedites the process since time is of the essence.    
I'm not looking for IEMs, but I keep seeing people walking around my school with earbuds that are cheap as H*LL!!! It bothers me. I ask them why they use such cheap headphones and the main reason is, I'm sick of dropping $20 on a pair of headphones every week just to have them break, I'm better off spending $2 a pair on these pieces of "spit." Now I say if you buy a decent pair of headphones you won't have that problem. I've spent $x of money and headphones and they...
It's already been established awhile ago... The iPhone 4s uses the same DAC as an iPad 2, not a wolfson. It has been tested and proven to be better than a wolfson. I can't remember the brand, I'm not too good with DACs but I know my iPhone 4s puts out more power than my Dad's iPhone 4, my bro's iPhone 3gs, my iPod touch 3rd gen, my iPod video, and my friend's HTC EVO.   If I had to rank them... 1. iPhone 4s 2. iPhone 4 3. iPod Video 4. iPod touch 3rd gen 5. iPhone 3gs 6....
I'm not gonna lie, I said that about the ATH-M50s, dont get me wrong, they are still a grey headphone, I just feel that there are better options.As far as what you have looked at, I recommend you narrow your horizons... The M50s are quite portable whereas the DT660, not so much. I also missed a budget listed in your post. IMO the DT660 need an amp. Of the headphones you have listed, I find that the M50s would be your best bet. Also, budget man... You don't clearly define...
  Well, I'm not to knowledgeable in this price range but I put my two cents in... Note that I am basing my input on the assumption that the money symbol you used is for Euro and that it converts to approximately $75. You listed noise cancelling in your requirements, yet the headphones you listed are not noise cancelling. I think you mean noise isolating which shields your ears from outside noise, whereas noise cancelling literally cancels any noise that gets through. The...
  M-50s IMHO are a good headphone... 5 years ago. In the $200 range I would go with either the m80 from V moda or the HD25 1 ii from Sennheiser. The m-50s might seem attractive at first, but they tend to be a bit harsh and make your ears ACHE after 45 minutes. The HD 25 will isolate far better than the m80s but I prefer the sound signature of the m80s. It is a bit more balenced where as the HD25 is great for rock.