or Connect

Posts by Pwn3r4Life

Please PM me if you have either.   I'm looking to DIY some ultra-portable and sexy on-ear headphones. The P3 or P5 shell will work perfectly for what I am doing. If you have a non working pair of either, I want it.   If the drivers are broken, I don't care. I just want the shell.   My price is quite negotiable and depends heavily on whether or not you have the included accessories. Also, the condition of the shell matters to me as well.   I am more interested in...
Eh, with IEMs like the Sennheiser IE800 and Dita Audio's The Answer Truth Edition costing nearly $1000, I wouldn't throw the word cheaper around. But you do have a point.As far as good armatures go, I've only heard the UE 18 pro. As far as good dynamics, I own the Sennheiser IE7 and have heard the Hifiman RE-600. The UE 18's were the most detailed headphone I've ever heard. But the bass was thin in my opinion and lacked depth and impact. Whereas I found the RE-600 to have...
Lol. Totally not a fair comparison.I prefer dynamic drivers for their forgiveness and more natural sound. But I understand why many would prefer the more precise, anilytical nature of armatures. You also can't deny that the bass is just flat out better on dynamics.
I have no idea. I've never heard of the Siberia V2 and I've never listened to the headphones you plan to purchase either. As far as Fiio or Ha-Info DAC, I've only heard great things about the Fiio. But I think what is most important in your decisions is one thing. With the HA-info, you will be tied to a desk. With the Fiio, you can use it from a portable source and move around. Anyways, you can't go wrong with either.
Just so you know, the Fischer Audio F-003 Ti can be had for less brand new. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DS8RQK8?vs=1 And to potential buyers. I've heard people say that the Fischer's with quality wood cups sound as good as if not better than the LCD-XC.
I've heard the M50 with velour pads. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think they live up the massive hype that the internet gives them 24/7/365. But they are still probably among the best you could purchase in that price range.
I just read some reviews. I had never heard of the Superlux brand before, but those both seem like great choices.   One option is to purchase those, and try them with your Realtek soundcard and the Bose Companion 5 control puck. If you want to add a little DAC afterwords, go for it. A DAC will improve extension on both ends, soundstage, and overall clarity and separation. I recommend the HA-Info USB to SPDIF converter as a great affordable option. There is one built into...
My bad. Sennheiser 280 pro? I know nothing about them. But pretty much every Sennheiser product is a top choice in their category.Nothing wrong with Sennheiser. They consistently output great products moreso than any other manufacturer. I just personally think that they sound a little boring. I prefer a warm sound signature though. Almost every Sennheiser product is just too neutral for me. (Call me what you want, just my two cents.) You really can't go wrong though.
I couldn't agree more. I heard the RE-400 in at Chi Un Fi this year and didn't care for them. $99 is more than steep for what they are offering. The RE-600 is quite possibly my favorite in-ear that I've ever used though. I prefer it over the UE 18. But the RE-400 just did not hit at their price point IMO. I'd buy them for $20 though, maybe. Sennheiser HD25? They don't fold up or anything, but they are pretty small and I've only ever heard good things about them. You might...
The Bowers & Wilkins P5 and P3 come to mind due to their great noise isolation properties, but they are out of your price range, and bassy. You might be able to snag them in an open box sale. I've seen the P5 go for $200 ($100 off) so I wouldn't be surprised if the P3 hit $100. Hmm. This is a tough one. I can't think of a can that is a good isolator at this price point that doesn't suck. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I will come around.