or Connect

Posts by Pwn3r4Life

C'mon bro. Dat rolloff doe. Dat is one bright headphone.
I still think that, in order to really REALLY understand what you do and don't like in a headphone, you need to hear some rigs. Are there any high quality setups that you have heard, as well as what you do and do not like about each?   Just judging from what you've said, I'd recommend a Beyerdynamic T90 paired with a Schiit Valhalla 2. (In case you hadn't noticed, I love the Schiit Valhalla 2.) They are a touch bright, just a smidge, but extend very linearly into the...
+1 to everything this guy has saidI cannot stress this enough. The ModMic is just better than the VModa Boompro. The boompro is more convenient though, so it is up to you.
This is a great option. However, many audiophile cans don't use standard 3.5mm cables. Also, the modmic is a very similar product, that is just better on all fronts. Mor adaptable, more compatible, better sound quality, includes a pop filter...But if you end up getting the M-100, a boompro wouldn't be all bad. But you can do better than that for your wallet.I don't know what you are using the mic for. If it is for gaming, the Blue Yeti is overkill. That money could be...
If you are liking AKG, I'd reccomend the K240 over the K121. Better, and actually cheaper on Amazon. Personally, I've always felt that AKG headphones lack clarity in comparison to other headphones in their price range. Just my two cents. Your best bet is to to read the reviews on this website, and figure out which sounds most appealing to you. But I'd check out the offerings from Shure and Sony in this price range.
Here is what many will tell you Sennheiser HD 650 + Objective 2 DAC/Amp (They might recommend a Schiit Valhalla 2)   The biggest thing to understand is this, most headphones people will suggest will be good, great even. But you need to figure out what YOU want in a headphone. Do you prefer extremely fast bass that extends so low that you feel it in your head but can't hear it, try planars like the LCD 2 and the HE-560 (my preference)? Do you want the airiest, best...
Get a modmic. http://www.modmic.com/ I have one and love it. It is the best SQ that you'd ever need for gaming. I have mine mounted to a cable clip, and clip it to the cable of my headphones. The best part about this solution, is that it allows you to upgrade your headphones in the future, and keep your mic. Also, you won't need a special sound card at all.   $250 headphones and a $50 mic will almost always sound better than a $300 gaming headset.   If you have no...
Grado SR80i In this category, these are fantastic. They have good clarity and soundstage for the price point. But they are not for everyone, they are pretty bright (emphasis on highs).
No argument about the portability. But for the shape of my ears, universal IEMs tend to hate me. Years down the road, I will get some customs, but not anytime soon.
I have no experience with Shures. But I have to say that I vastly prefer full size cans to IEMs when it comes to high end gear. In ears simply cannot compete with full size in soundstage and smoothness. IEMs tend to be more technical, full size tend to be more forgiving (not necessarily less detail), I prefer forgiving.   Anyways. In regards to trades, there is a forum section on here for trading. People get feedback, blah blah blah. Generally in trades, the person with...