or Connect

Posts by Pwn3r4Life

Maybe it snap fits. Look at a beats by dre teardown and try that kind of stuff. All I can think of. Thator sell them or pony up the cost to replace through sennheiser. Should be half off a comparable new model
This is in OP's price range and is a great headphone. However the soundstage is small and they are not stylish, things he (possibly she) said he wanted.Also, the HE-500 is stupidly uncomfortable and the build quality is just bad for a headphone of it's price, or any price. I own the HE-400 and trust me, it is no small thing. This headphone basically necessitates mods if you plan on using it for over an hour. Even after that, expect a soar neck. They are heavy!Finally, OP...
OP, you won't be unhappy with the PM-3. At all. Perhaps me pefering the Mad Dog is because I'm a bass freak and prefer a rolled off treble. The PM-3 is the better headphone for the majority of audiophiles.
I demoed the PM-3's in a loud environment so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit for isolation.
Oops about the PSB M4U 1. The PM-3 just sounds natural. Both the PM-3 and the Mad Dogs are planar magnetic, so soundstage isn't fantastic. Now that doesn't mean they won't kick the crap out of most headphones, it just won't be massive. The PM-3 has a touch more treble to me than the Mad Dogs, the Mad Dogs are more polite in that regard. The PM-3 also has the bass take a backseat to the mids, ever so slightly. The Mad Dogs are more linear all the way down to like 5Hz. Make...
Agree to disagree. I think once you dip past that $300 price point gear matters a ton. Having heard the HD600 out of a Geek Stack, an iFi iTube stack, a Schiit Vali/Modi stack, and a Schiit Bifrost/Lyr Stack, I'd much rather have any of those than an LCD-2 crippled to a phone. That said, some gear does well out of a phone. The Oppo PM-1/2/3 are a great example of this. We all have our opinions on this but just know that it isn't a small difference having a good DAC/Amp in...
The Mad Dogs are fantastic but really shine once you put an amp on them. If you won't be amping, go PM-3. If you are, consider this. The PM-3 is more stylish, smaller, more portable, folds flat, and is lighter, and more comfortable. But the Mad Dogs will sound just a touch better overall. I have heard both of these headphones and listened to them a lot.   The PSB M4U1 is a good noise cancelling headphone. But it is a noise cancelling headphone. If you need noise...
Good luck avoiding braids. Everyone uses braids these days.   Your best bet would be to just get an extension cable from Monoprice. They make good, cheap stuff that works and works well enough. You probably won't be able to find a non-braided cable anywhere for your LCD-3.
Erm. Umm. Grr. Yeah, onboard sound, even the Asus stuff which is pretty good, won't get you very far with any of those headphones. Just for comparisons sake, the HD800 driven off onboard sound would be worse than an HD600 with a Schiit Vali (amp) and Modi(DAC).   DAC/Amp recommendations, it really depends on the headphones. If you want a good no brainer, get the Schiit Modi 2 DAC and the Schiit Vali or Magni depending on how power hungry the headphones are and if you...
Email Sennheiser. That should be your first line of action to see if they will repair them for you or send you a new pair. That should be your first line of action before self repair.   That said. Remove the pads. Underneath there should be screws, carefully remove those and you are in. Don't get dust on the drivers but you will have to take them out to get at the electronics at the back of the cups.   There are a few different ways the pads could go on. There are snap...