Posts by Pwn3r4Life

I have been hearing that the HE-400i is pretty neutral, unlike the HE-400. And I wouldn't call the HE-560 "neutral," the mids really shine on that bad boy, and the bass extension is remarkable. Lush is the word I'd use to describe them. Excuse me for chiming in, but I plan to do a big upgrade in the near future and am also trying to gather information for myself.
I'm a senior in high school, rapidly becoming addicted to fountain pens. I'm actually trying to trade my headphones for fountain pens. But alas, I have a question that I cannot get answered elsewhere.   What ink should I get? I am forced to write on both sides of garbage paper at school, so it cannot bleed-through. Also, I'd like it to dry quickly. I also want a cheap ink. Other than that, I really don't care. I just can't find any information on inks about how they...
Check out the Goulet Nib Nook. You can compare fountain pen nibs and all the images are to scale on a Rhodia dot pad with Noodler's Black ink. It really gives you a great idea of nib widths. To answer your question basically. No, it isn't very broad. More of a thicker medium in my mind.
I did not mean to offend or belittle your suggestion. I just wanted to make it clear that I have used both the BoomPro mic and ModMic extensively. With many people repeatedly suggesting the V-MODA BoomPro, I wanted to make sure that OP understood that, in my opinion from personal experience, the ModMic is better on all fronts. I apologize that I obviously offended you.
As Za Warudo said, the new Hifiman cans are rather light. Not only are they light, but the suspension strap really nicely distributes the weight and they feel extremely light. The Hifimans are also very smooth.   Bottlehead crack is a good amp as well. Bifrost is a good DAC, too. The T90's aren't super forgiving, you brought up a good point with electronic music. The HE-560s are my recommendation to you at this point. Yes, they are $900 new. Yes, they are way better than...
 C'mon bro. Dat rolloff doe. Dat is one bright headphone.
I still think that, in order to really REALLY understand what you do and don't like in a headphone, you need to hear some rigs. Are there any high quality setups that you have heard, as well as what you do and do not like about each?   Just judging from what you've said, I'd recommend a Beyerdynamic T90 paired with a Schiit Valhalla 2. (In case you hadn't noticed, I love the Schiit Valhalla 2.) They are a touch bright, just a smidge, but extend very linearly into the...
+1 to everything this guy has saidI cannot stress this enough. The ModMic is just better than the VModa Boompro. The boompro is more convenient though, so it is up to you.
This is a great option. However, many audiophile cans don't use standard 3.5mm cables. Also, the modmic is a very similar product, that is just better on all fronts. Mor adaptable, more compatible, better sound quality, includes a pop filter...But if you end up getting the M-100, a boompro wouldn't be all bad. But you can do better than that for your wallet.I don't know what you are using the mic for. If it is for gaming, the Blue Yeti is overkill. That money could be...
If you are liking AKG, I'd reccomend the K240 over the K121. Better, and actually cheaper on Amazon. Personally, I've always felt that AKG headphones lack clarity in comparison to other headphones in their price range. Just my two cents. Your best bet is to to read the reviews on this website, and figure out which sounds most appealing to you. But I'd check out the offerings from Shure and Sony in this price range.