Posts by Pwn3r4Life

If they are priced much lower in  Sony stores, it is almost impossible for them to be knock-offs. The only thing I can think of, for pricing, is that Sony has wide margins and prices them lower in India, where the GDP per capita is less, in order to make more sales. In America, they can charge higher amounts and people will be more ready and willing to pay for it. In regards to the ATH-M50s, maybe. I do most of my listening on V-MODA M-80's. They are in the same price...
Are you sure you aren't purchasing knock offs? I don't mean to be rude, but that is the only thing I can think of. In my opinion, the ATH-50s didn't live up to the hype. They are good. They are among the best headphones in their price range. Their soundstage, isolation, and everything else is pretty good, but their detail is not at all where I expected it to be. They just sounded so muddy to me.
From my brief experience with them, those Sony's are quite good for the price, and you got them for a good price. But trust me, audio gets a lot better.   I recommend going to the "Meets, Get-togethers" section of this forum and see if there is one in India, or if you could organize one. I've heard most of the high end gear there is at meets like these, but near Chicago, IL, USA. It was an amazing experience to be able to chat with fellow audiophiles and try out so many...
Umm. I mean. I don't really see the problem here. Chips, scratches, nicks, etc. are practically inevitable on headphones. They affect headphones far more expensive than yours, the Hifiman HE-6 come to mind immediately.   If it really bothers you, you can try anything that would be used to repair scratches in automobiles, such as automotive paint samples. But to be honest, this is a non-issue.
I'm the same way with my current project. I'm planning on CNC milling CIEM-style, universal earbud/pod/phone things. Haha. Basically a hardwood enclosure for universal fit earbuds. The idea being to get the universal fit of the Apple Earpods, with better stability in the ear, reduced cable noise, and better sound quality. I find myself using my Earpods (I hate myself every second for it) just because they are easy, and I don't have to worry about them fitting or not. But...
I own genuine IE7's, and if you notice anything off about yours, that you want me to check on mine, let me know. I can let you know any info, send/post pics, etc. I don't think you can upgrade the internals. But I honestly have no idea. At all.
You shouldn't have to press down, at all. I suggest you try adjusting the nib. Perhaps the tines are too close and you aren't getting enough ink flow. Maybe the nib is rough, and needs to be smoothed out. If the former is the case, I refer you to YouTube. I know almost nothing about this kind of nib tuning.. If the latter is the case, I recommend you look into some abrasives that will smooth out the nib. I've only heard good thing about the Micro-Mesh and Mylar sold here 
Yes. They are bit heavy on the upper bass, which provides a fun sound for hard rock and metal music. Drums and the bass guitar will really shine on these headphones. When I say "bass-heavy," don't think like Beats, the AKG K240 are much better and more tame, I just want you to know that they are not neutral.
I have been hearing that the HE-400i is pretty neutral, unlike the HE-400. And I wouldn't call the HE-560 "neutral," the mids really shine on that bad boy, and the bass extension is remarkable. Lush is the word I'd use to describe them. Excuse me for chiming in, but I plan to do a big upgrade in the near future and am also trying to gather information for myself.
I'm a senior in high school, rapidly becoming addicted to fountain pens. I'm actually trying to trade my headphones for fountain pens. But alas, I have a question that I cannot get answered elsewhere.   What ink should I get? I am forced to write on both sides of garbage paper at school, so it cannot bleed-through. Also, I'd like it to dry quickly. I also want a cheap ink. Other than that, I really don't care. I just can't find any information on inks about how they...