Posts by NA Blur

Glad you figured it out!
The LCD-2 rev 1 is the slightly dark sounding version.  To me the LCD-2 rev 2 extends just as well into the bass, but the treble is more detailed which appears to brighten the headphone.
Can you plug a headphone into the jack that you are exporting to the Magni to ensure that it has a signal?   Are you connecting the shipped wall-wart power supply and not something else you have laying around?   Lastly, is that an on/off switch on the back?
Could you post links to tracks, say on YouTube, that have the cracks you speak of?  This way we can compare with our gear and tell you whether it may be your gear or the track(s) themselves.
I must retract my suggestion of "The Apex Geode" as I will be unable to attend.
It is what is on the inside that matters. Introducing The Apex Geode
The noises you are hearing are from a poorly implemented DAC on the soundcard. I recommend an external DAC that accepts USB to clear up the noise.
The ODAC is another great option. I think JDS Labs has them for sale. http://www.jdslabs.com/store/#featured For your price point you could go with the ODAC AND O2 amp combo for under $350. If you go go with this setup ensure you select or inform them you want the USB option.
Thanks for the comprehenive post. It is always refreshing to discover new music.
I love the look!   Is this a redesigned driver or is it shared with other Sennheiser headphones?