or Connect

Posts by NA Blur

Review is up   I love the aesthetics, accessories, and the sleekness of the housings, but the sounds needs some work. I found it to be too bassy, uncontrolled, and the treble is rolled off as to completely removed chimes and bells from certain tracks. With a little tuning the M100 would be sweet.
The new Solo2 actually is not super bass heavy.   Check out the charts:   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent-measurements-page-2   The treble does roll off making it sound more bassy than neutral, but the bass is not over emphasized.   The Fostex TH600 is pretty bassy, but to some it sounds uneven and boomy. It is not really portable either if that is something you need.   Here is the basshead...
You do not have to open anything up, just gently vacuum inside each earcup being sure to not rest the vacuum nozzle against the driver cover.
Could be two things.   1.) Check for hair / dust in the driver area and gently vacuum it out.   2.)  If you do not have the volume at 90% on the player and then max out the amp's volume you may end up causing distortion because the signal will be clipping which flattens the signal.   The E10 comes with the bass boost switch right so perhaps that is on causing the distortion?
First, the links you provided are identical. The 2nd one does not go to a specific song.   Second, some of their tracks are not that great for headphone listening which might explain why you do not prefer them.   Which song(s) do you hear the cracks / pops in?
I don't think it is a problem with the headphone so contacting Audio Technica is no the correct route. Do you wear glasses now and that is causing the problem? It could be the clamping force is back up to full strength and you just need to stretch the headband again by placing it over a full-size tissue box when not in use. My last recommendation is to look around for larger and thicker earpads that you can put on. You want a pair of earpads large enough to full encompass...
Welcome to head-fi !
The DT990 is a really V-shaped sounding headphone in that the bass and treble are both emphasized giving it a very unnatural sound. The extra treble is not going to help your tinnitus if it is hearing related. Some tinnitus can be caused by TMJ, thyroid, and B12 issues just in case you wanted to look into it further and do not know what is causing it. Grinding your teeth at night can cause tinnitus.   I would look into the Philips Fidelio X2 as it has a really smooth...
To me it sounds like something is either loose or there is a grounding / conduction issue that is solved by the metal temple of your glasses assuming of course that this piece is metal??   I think there is something wrong with that pair and I would not hesitate to return them. Perhaps someone has damaged the driver by running it too loudly or through an amp that kicked off too much DC which may have deformed the driver.   Regarding your theory about the seal which is a...
First, check that the earphones are clean. Perhaps some earwax is causing unwanted distortion by resting on the driver or creating unwanted oscillations of the driver by plugging something up.   Second, there are different types of filters you can put on the eartips to tailor the sound. I recommend swapping for the bass boost option and see if those filters remove the distortion.   My last thought is the impedance of the in-line mic is causing some problems. It would...