Posts by bh2001

Having had a ZuneHD (still using) I would recommend a Sony NWZ-ZX1(128gb) or F887(64gb). Meets all the criteria although the battery life could be better. My ideal player would be a ZuneHD that sound and a capacity of the Sony NWZ-ZX1. Astell and Kern AK100 is also very good but not as nice to use although has better battery life. Good luck
Somebody may have mentioned already but it reminds me of the old iRiver players, like the T-60, with its toblerone shaped body.
I managed to resist until they made the green ones.
If you want a good sounding easy to use DAP that is a little outdated in terms of newer HiRes players, yes. It probably still as one of the best UIs around. Pretty sure they aren't still being made but mine is still going strong.
What is "better". Better for HiRes files C3. Easier to use and you'll only use for mp3 or similar files Zune HD. There are probably others available.
Two very different players. Zune HD is a bit old but sounds good and very easy to use but no memory card slots. I don't have a C3 but its sound specs and file/resolution specs are better only 8gb built in but has a card slot.
I also got mine shipped to Australia with Price Japan via EMS. Great service and way cheaper than ebay.   ZX1 sounds terrific for jazz and indeed all acoustic music. Sounds like the upright bass player is standing in the room. In fact everything I've listened to on it sounds fantastic although I haven't tried anything really heavy yet.   I was expecting to like this player but not as much as I do.
I've had a pair for a couple of months now. I find them to be very comfortable and a fun listen. Warm sounding and detailed although not as detailed as some others. They look kind of old school like they should come with a curly cord, bean bag and a lava lamp, I like the look but wouldn't walk down the street with them on. They also don't fold and don't come with a hard case. They do however sound better and can be worn for longer than some more expensive headphones.
Polk Audio Ultrafocus 8000 are really excellent and you can get them close to $300 but they are sometimes more expensive. You could look for the discontinued Denon AH-NC800s also very good.
I've got a Zune 30, 80, 120 and HD. I got each one when they were first released and there have been zero problems with any of them. I still use them quite a lot, especially at work (music teacher). They sound very good although not as good as an AK100 but in terms UI they are super easy to use.