Posts by morethansense

Being a part of the pro-audio community, I recently (not a week ago) purchased an ADC for Ragnarok level money for two channels. By today's standards, four samples per cycle (96KHz) just doesn't cut it for recordings and this ADC is already 4 years past production The pro audio market is probably a really hard market to penetrate, but there is nobody doing remotely close to what Schiit does in the audiophile market. The options (good ones) are really limited. A Schiit...
 I call lies! I hold firmly to the belief that you went class-A on Asgard because it's derived from a prototype electric grill you have somewhere in your top secret R&D lab. Nothing to do with this 'audio fidelity' rubbish on this forum, whatsoever.  Place bread, lettuce, sauce, bacon, cheese and bread (in that order) on Bifrost. Turn on Asgard. Stack Asgard on Bifrost. Perfect one-sided sandwich press.
I honestly cannot comprehend that level of complete...I don't even know what to call it. I don't think I could have even thought of the way they acted if I was trying to cheat the devil himself. Also, did not know that you sold B-stock! Definitely learn something new everyday. 
 Depends on how they did it, really. And it's not a auto-stop feature, just a auto-turn-off amplifier feature, so worst case scenario, variations in volume levels. Big ones. Mechanically, many switches are made to last hundreds of thousands of cycles, even ones that 'click'. If you can't hear a click in the headband whenever the amp turns on and off (see if there is one with no music playing) then there will be significantly less wear on the switch and should last even...
 It's a large part of what makes us human. :)  Nah, the remotely activated actuators aren't what's worrying me.They're just there to hold the 'amplifier' (read: mind-control device) in place.
 Aren't we, the population of head-fi, all nitpicking listeners? :)We all here are constantly looking for ways to better reproduce sound according to our tastes no matter where we currently are.This separates us from another market who are satisfied with above average.I am unsure of how to quantify audio performance, let alone what is '70% better' than another headphone. It simply is a judgement of how much we ourselves value that increased or bettered experience compared...
Honestly not understanding why people are comparing these to other cans not within the same price range. Alpha Dogs are 600bucks, more than 70% increase in price.    These were obviously not aimed at the people of real audio enthusiast analytical-type nitpicking listeners but more like those who use portable devices a lot and are unsatisfied with the audio performance of said devices who DO have the money to drop 350 on headphones because they are the same who drop...
 If they used this as a marketing line, I'd buy it even if it cost me my first, second and thirdborn child.
Mine have been sitting in their box since I fried them. If you want a free set of D510s to experiment on, PM me and I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. Keep in mind that AusPost is extortionally high in pricing. If you send me your approximate location I can estimate it for you and you can determine for yourself whether it's worth it.
 Sorry! I just bought a pair of SE846s.... I need to cut back for a while at least. No one I know (or am close enough to) has a pair of W4s to let me audition.