Posts by morethansense

I read that as LGBT, and was like...okay....
Sorry, combined what the previous poster and what you said and assumed you were also referring to sub-bass.
Anyone here figured out why the cups swing back and up to 90 degrees?   These have become my go-to pair for whenever I'm at home and not near my amp stack like watching a movie in bed when my ears are too tired for in-ears. So easy to drive and really decent and open to listen to. Why don't more manufacturers make low-imp open backs like these?  Still makes me miss the Shure smooth-mids though. But they don't sound as bad as the frequency response curve on the side of...
I doubt you'd actually be able to perceive a 1~2 dB difference at sub-bass frequencies.   More like 3~6dB if it was slight.
It is imperative that a thread title that vaguely (even though completely intentionally) resembles defecation, should begin to talk philosophically.
I have been to many recording studios is my relatively short career thus far all over Australia. The number of DSD ADCs I have seen are less than the number of thumbs I have. And I lost half one in an accident. The studio manager also called it a b****y waste of money and he'd rip the sales rep a new one if he saw him at a trade show again. He said that all the studio operators laughed at him when he brought it in.   Unless you're doing a strictly binaural recording...
Considered the Shure SRH440s? I use the 840s a lot live and I'm pretty 'shure' that Shure carry over their sound signature across.
 Well if you look at the prizes to be won, under Schiit there is one which cannot be listed as it will be revealed at CanJam.
Normally when I see this many posts in a day, I expect Mr Stoddard to have posted another chapter...
Being a part of the pro-audio community, I recently (not a week ago) purchased an ADC for Ragnarok level money for two channels. By today's standards, four samples per cycle (96KHz) just doesn't cut it for recordings and this ADC is already 4 years past production The pro audio market is probably a really hard market to penetrate, but there is nobody doing remotely close to what Schiit does in the audiophile market. The options (good ones) are really limited. A Schiit...