Posts by morethansense

Aren't we, the population of head-fi, all nitpicking listeners? :)We all here are constantly looking for ways to better reproduce sound according to our tastes no matter where we currently are.This separates us from another market who are satisfied with above average.I am unsure of how to quantify audio performance, let alone what is '70% better' than another headphone. It simply is a judgement of how much we ourselves value that increased or bettered experience compared...
Honestly not understanding why people are comparing these to other cans not within the same price range. Alpha Dogs are 600bucks, more than 70% increase in price.    These were obviously not aimed at the people of real audio enthusiast analytical-type nitpicking listeners but more like those who use portable devices a lot and are unsatisfied with the audio performance of said devices who DO have the money to drop 350 on headphones because they are the same who drop...
 If they used this as a marketing line, I'd buy it even if it cost me my first, second and thirdborn child.
Mine have been sitting in their box since I fried them. If you want a free set of D510s to experiment on, PM me and I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. Keep in mind that AusPost is extortionally high in pricing. If you send me your approximate location I can estimate it for you and you can determine for yourself whether it's worth it.
 Sorry! I just bought a pair of SE846s.... I need to cut back for a while at least. No one I know (or am close enough to) has a pair of W4s to let me audition.
Just posted my early impression review of the noble 4. -link It's not the earphone for you if you want to be immersed.     Enthusiast audio shops are very successful and popular in Singapore, the most prominent of which would probably be Jaben. I guess it depends on the culture though.
 Most definitely just reviving a dead thread here,   I'm just a small timer in the recording industry and I'm really glad we're (some of us) moving from recording in near-anechoic chambers and acoustically dead studios and blending artificially to recording in halls and live spaces all together. Believe me when I say that I've used and heard tens of thousands of reverb plugins and units and none of them come close to a good real hall. A lot of studios that I work with...
I personally would not recommend that you upgrade to these headphones. But bear in mind, this comes from a person with a relatively decent amount of disposable income at hand.   Instead of upgrading little by little, have a little patience, scrimp a little more and get something that'll really be a step up. My workplace standard is the Sennheiser HD280, but I personally prefer using my own Shure SRH840 because it's a little cleaner and a little less woolly on the...
So sorry, having been drunk for the past 36 hours, I did not read your post! (It's Saturday night on this side of the world) But anyways, I am completely unable to comment on the comparison between those two cans, because I do not own the 510's anymore. I have loaned them long-term to a friend who was in need of some basic cans about a year ago now having since upgraded to my Shure SRH840's.   I can tell you that the 840's are a lot snappier and punchier, a much...
Tried a little mechanical oil or WD40 between those plastic pieces?   The squeaking noise would be very irritating, but would be expected as the plastic is cheap, light brittle stuff. Not the same stuff as seen on Sennheiser HD280 Pros or Shure SRH840 which seem to be made for the road and are excellent live engineer monitoring cans.