Posts by Formula350

Signed Starred. Also thanks to DanBa for that list!! I have a U3 and had once tried it with the Toshiba Thrive, but had no knowledge of that USB Audio Recorder app... It's also running ICS since they fingally released it and so I'll have to give things another go! Kinda funny that I had suggested this (for PnP sound card, DACs like the Xonar U3) on a forum for modding Samsung HDTVs since it will play music from a USB-connected hard drive or thumbdrive, and the dev said no...
I bought some FX40s over the summer, I was on vaca and accidentally left my marshmallows at home (which I think sound awesome). In Alaska everything pretty much is 1.5X more expensive than the lower 48, and I already knew that I could get them for ~$17 if I wanted to wait 4 weeks; I didn't Managed to find them at a store finally and grabbed them for $30 lolBest.Purchase.EVAR!!!Well, and this used Galaxy S "Fascinate" for $75 a week before I left! The two combined = pure...
Whoa, thanks man! I was sorta questioning how good an idea it was to do what I had, but that sure makes me feel better about the purchase I'm not sure how close the Google Nexus S is in hardware, but they both use the same Exynos 3 Single Core processor and the Nexus S is upgradeable to ICS 4.0.4, which I hope an official update is available. I'm sure there are at least unofficial ones available for this. hehI only saw Voodoo mentioned one time before, and it was actually...
I nabbed the Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) just now for $80 shipped, on eBay. Albeit used, it has the Wolfson WM8994 (or it should), and is in nice condition! I had been looking for one with a Bad ESN, since that basically kills the phone portion, because I have no intention of registering it as a phone, but since this one is perfectly fine. It just means it'll hold whatever slight resale value it has lol Plus, it's Verizon and that's even what I have, so I can always...
The L3 LOD is an adapter cable for iPod/iPhone, so when he says E11+L3, it means you need both. The L3 takes the port you use to charge and connect to the computer, and converts it into a male headphone jack so you can plug it into an amp.
What I'd do, if you think it's the case causing some sort of grounding noise, is isolate just the HDD from it. Either remove it from the HDD slot and let it sit on a piece of cardboard inside the case somewhere (as long as the HDD isn't touching metal), OR suspend it from the bottom of the cage with something (twist ties or zip ties).Also, it could be the type of system you've chosen, not so much as the brand. The E350 (or E450) utilize the A50 FCH (Fusion Controller Hub)...
Sorry for the delay. I didn't have this thread subscribed to for instant notifications I don't have a Fiio, or any other amp, unfortunately. Just the Xonar Xense and U3. The Xense drives my SE210s the best, as I mentioned, so I'm willing to bet any high quality portable AMP will benefit them.I don't like the Virtual Surround at all. To enable Virtual 7.1 you have to turn on Dolby Headphone first, so it's two fold as to what it does.I'm sure if you were good at modding you...
As an SE210 and Xonar U3 owner, I can tell you that the U3 reallllly helped liven my 210's up a lot. Mind you, I pretty much felt they were lacking in lows, but the U3 is easily capable of supplying it and offers great sound. Sadly the only thing I have for comparison is the Xense, which seems to make the 210s sound like new earphones, so I wouldn't doubt that a nice DAC-AMP combo would do wonders as well. My biggest grip with onboard was that when I tried to supply it...
Well, the Essence has Digital out, but I assume you must be wanting optical *shrug* Also, if you're worried about a PCI slot, I'd mod that H6 in here: http://www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/cw02/CW02s-06.jpg (though with 7 available, I don't see what the problem is). Which if optical IS your problem, might as well just mod a coax->optical adapter next to the H6 and use the internal digital header to feed it signal.
Um... no he didn't I wasn't going to get into this flame fest, but you implying that was a bit too much.Which on that note: Sky, it's not that he doesn't understand English as he seems to do that quite well, it's just his reading comprehension skills are a bit lacking Anyways.My biggest complaint with... well everyone except Creative unfortunately, is lack of Hardware OAL support I mean, sure, we've got an over abundance of spare CPU cycles (and complete cores) to spare...