Posts by buson160man

Vintage receivers can make decent headphone amps. I myself have one that definitely makes a statement as a headphone amp. But it is ridiculously large and heavy. But it brings to the game an authority and grip you just do not get in any headphone amp that I have heard including some esoteric amps. But the price on these old monsters has been drifting upwards.   I love my akg 701s but they are a difficult headphone to drive and definitely need a headphone amp with some...
No they aren"t. You need to listen to the audezes with a headphone cable upgrade and you will know what I am talking about. The differences are anything but  subtle. The audezes get way better with a better cable. It sounds like a completely different headphone with a better cable . The headphones do not have  much of a soundstage with the stock leash and the presentation is pretty flat and two dimensional not so with a cable upgrade. If you are skeptical try a upgrade...
 Just this week I resurrected my old rs1is . I changed the ear pads on mine a longtime ago I just could not stand the old ear pads they were just so uncomfortable. The flat ear pads were at least tolerable but the headband still sucks but there is not much you can do about the arrangement. I was curious how the grados sounded I have not used them for years. They are still uncomfortable for any length of listening. But I was just curious how they sounded again after all the...
    Actually the issue is not the headphone but the substandard headphone cable that audeze supplies with all their headphones. In a word the cable they provide with the headphone  frankly sucks. I was disappointed with my lcd 2 v2 as well . I purchased an aftermarket cable specifically a cable pro reverie single ended cable. Any complaints that I had with the stock cable have disappeared completely .   You would think that audeze would supply their headphones with at...
 Nice piece looks to be in very good shape.
 I know what you mean. I had purchased a lcd2 v2 a couple of years ago and was largely disappointed in their sound. But I decided to try a upgrade cable . I went with a cable pro reverie single ended cable. After the cable upgrade the sound was much more like what I had expected from the lcd2. But last year after following threads about how good these vintage receivers worked for driving headphones I decided to shop for one . I luckily came across a recapped concept 16.5...
 No not really my lcd2 v2 with the cable pro reverie upgrade cable is really a great sounding headphone. My only quibble is that they are so heavy and clamp so much that after a couple or three cds they just get uncomfortable to wear. The ether was much lighter and seemed less fatiguing to wear. Of course I only had them on briefly . I do think that while they both are planar type phones . They do sound a little different. The lcd2 with the stock cable sounds a bit warmer...
   I was at axpona last weekend and I got to hear the ether with three different full size amps. I have to agree I did prefer the woo wa5 to the schiit ragnarok . But the amp that I really liked the best of the three was the cavalli amp he was using. It really sounded good with the ethers . I liked what I heard so much I preordered a ether. I am looking forward to getting the ether. I know I am going to like its low mass for long listening sessions. My lcd2 v2s really get...
A admission fee is fine for me. The cost for a sizeable room is not inexpensive I am sure. I sure hope someone can work something out. May be there  could be tickets sold in advance for the show that would hopefully guarantee at least some measure of attendance. Just a thought . I would hope that the headphiles in the Chicago area would step up to the plate to insure the continuation of the chi unify meets. I am just waxing some ideas or thoughts on the subject.   Where...
 I have not seen any postings for the chi unify 9 meet in Chicago. I am hoping to attend this year after missing last years show. I would appreciate any information regarding this years show. I am starting the ball rolling . The show is usually in june isn't it? That is only a month away.