Posts by buson160man

I do not know about the audionote products but may I suggest the rogue audio sphinx integrated amp. It offers a lot of bang for the buck and the unit has a discrete headphone amp. It is a hybrid unit  with two tubes in the preamp section and 100 watts rms per channel. It also has a moving magnet/ moving coil phono stage onboard. The sphinx has received favorable reviews in audio magazines. It offers a lot of value  and probably has the chops to drive the magnepans. The...
Well I have put some more time on the reverie headphone cable and my lcd2 v2s are sounding simply sublime. Things have gotten noticeably more palpable and the sense of weight has also been ramped up with more use on the cable. I have never heard bass on a headphone like the audezes have with the reverie cable on it. It is just a pity that the lcd2s have such clamping force on your head because after more than one cd it feels literally like your head is in a vice. That is...
Well it has been a couple of days now and things are sounding promising. I suppose that there will be more improvement to come but things are sounding pretty good so far. It is already sounding better than my nordost heimdall balanced cables (version 1) . While they were not inexpensive they are not as expensive as the heimdall 2 and mine are five footers. I can not comment about the heimdall 2s because I have not heard them but the reverie is clearly better than the...
 I have just purchased a set of cable pro balanced  xlr interconnects for my desk top computer set up . I sometimes watch Netflix movies on my desk top monitor set up. I have been using  a set of nordost heimdall balanced xlr interconnect that I purchased from music direct last year at their close  out price. It is the original heimdall cable which has been superseded by the new version 2 . So my comments about the differences in sound relate to the original hemdalll...
 A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the...
 I would like to add cable pro as a good source for high end cable. Particularly the reverie cable line. While they are not cheap there are a lot of esoteric boutique cables that have prices that make cable pros offerings look cheap . I recently purchased a reverie rca interconnect while not cheap at 420 usd for a 3 foot pair they are the best sounding most honest interconnect that I have heard. I am pretty sure the reverie could stand up in a interconnect shoot out with...
 I have a harmonic tech ac-11 power cord and it is a pretty decent power cable . While it is not what you call a cheap power cable it is not overpriced like a lot of the esoteric cables out there.
 Wow where did you get the old advertising adds. These  adds bring back memories of when I was in high school . I use to drool over the monster vintage receivers back then . There was no way a teenager making pretty close to the minimum wage was going to have the scratch to buy one of those behemoths. Boy those were the good old days .
 How can anyone compare the sales of a headphone that costs 1500 usd to one that costs 4450 usd. The number sold is ludicrous considering the price of the headphone. Really how many people are there who can afford the totl stax. Some people probably most might be able to stretch for the hd 800 but stretching for the sr009 that is another thing. At the price of the stax 009 it is reserved for those blessed with the means to partake of them. I have( a really long time ago)...
 Gosh I just love the wooden case on your luxman. I need to have a case made for my receiver like the one on the luxman. it looks so rich . It would cost a bit but it would be worth it . Of course the luxman piece is a real beauty as well. Congratulations it is a real looker.