Posts by buson160man

I heard the ragnarok at axpona last year. The ether people had that amp and two others including a cavalli  and a woo. Of the three I thought the ragnarok at least for me was the least appealing of the three amps. I felt the cavalli clearly bested the ragnarok as the best of the three. I thought the woo was good but the cavalli at least to my ears bested it. Of the three amps  the ragnarok at least for me was the least appealing sounding amp. I thought it sounded a bit...
 Well 4k is a bit out of my budget level . But 1 or 2 k is possible. I guess that is reality . But these new superphones are definitely being priced ever higher. But compared to speakers the price is down right reasonable. Speakers can be nice but there are quite bit of room issues that can prevent them from obtaining what is ultimately capable of them. That is one thing about headphones room issues can be much less of an issue(open back phones do have some issues with...
 Wow the meet is earlier than it usually is . I will try to make it but I do not know if it is possible. If I do I will try to bring a set up. I had expected the meet to be a little later than the end of January. Hope the weather cooperates.
I have been using my ud501 dac as my primary dac since my decco two had a brief encounter with a cardas rca cable(not good) . It is a pretty decent dac even as a stock unit. Much more resolving than my peachtree decco 2. But as an amp I have found a very stellar mate in my recapped vintage concept 16.5 monster receiver from the late 1970s. It is not exactly portable at 62 pounds but it makes one hell of a headphone amp for any headphone that I can imagine. This monster...
I do not know the resistor value on my concept 16.5 vintage receiver . The 16.5 sounds simply astounding on my akg 701s but my grado RS1S are just way too efficient to use with my concept unit . I have heard other dedicated headphone amps and none of them can touch the 16.5 with the akg 701s . I have to say the 16.5 just trumps any of my other dedicated headphone amps for driving phones . I have not been listening to my dedicated headphone amps lately the concept the...
As a proud owner of the concept 16.5 . It is a stunning sounding headphone amp . Though at times with the stepped volume control sometimes it is hard getting a good volume adjustment for proper listening levels . The 16.5 plays with such authority that listening sessions can be very exciting . I would definitely wait till another concept 11.0 appears . It is definitely worth waiting for . 
 Nad did make some pretty decent sounding units back in the day. I used to have two nad c 370 integrated amps that I used. I used one for each channel which in effect were pseudo mono blocks . They worked fairly well in that set up sounding better than a single unit. But eventually I got tired of the clutter and moved on to other things .
 I do not know what a parasound amp like the 400 watt mono blocks sell for in your area but I imagine they would be pretty decent . Their higher powered stereo amps would probably be pretty decent if the mono blocks are too pricey. You might consider some older Threshold amplifiers . I used to have a Stasus 3  it was a pretty decent amp in its day . But it put out only150 watts a channel . Symphonic line also makes some mono block amps that are not too expensive. They are...
 What kind of money do you want to spend ? That has a lot to do with what is available these days at least at a reasonable price  . Your pioneer should be able to drive the revels decently I imagine . I checked out the sansuii it looks impressive with over double the power into a 4 ohm load . If the amp is in decent shape and or can be refurbished at a reasonable price it could be serviceable for the revels . I am not familiar with the sansuii separates I have heard some...
 There are lots of good speakers around for 5k . You should not have any problems finding some decent ones for that price .