or Connect

Posts by buson160man

just go to  the teac website  and download the review
    I think that 750 usd price is for the discontinued ud-501 and not the ud-503 . I have a ud-501 and have been satisfied with it though I wished it had a peamp function so I could use it as a preamp for my desk powered monitors(emotiva airmotiv 5s original version) so I could control the volume with a pre instead of the attenuators on the monitor.   I love my akg 701s for their forensic ability to accurately reveal the nature of the source . But the k701 does not easily...
I was browsing the reviews of the k 701 and came across one that claimed their bose headphone was superior . wow I think that person needs to invest in a hearing aid .The crap that bose puts out is an affront to high fidelity . The people who dislike them are most likely using underpowered amplifiers .I have heard a lot of amps that just do not have the necessary horsepower to make the sing .
    Is that a empire troubador turntable ?
  I can say something about the concept 16.5 owning one for about a year now .Mine was recapped recently just before I bought it . This is one powerful sounding headphone amplifier . My akg 701s and audeze lcd v2 have never sounded so authorative with any headphone amp that I have heard these phones with  It is one good sounding unit especially when you replace that horrible metal jumper pin with a good interconnect cable and upgrade the fuses with premium fuses like I...
 You very well should van alstyn really made some good sounding pieces back then. I would not be very surprised that the dynas phono stage is a lot better than the ones in most receivers . I used to have an old pas 3 that was upgraded with better parts . It was a very good sounding unit . Those old tube units had pretty good sound when the parts were upgraded .There was quite a following back then for the dynaco units and there were lots of people who did parts upgrades...
This is a antique thread but if you still have your sx-1250 I would if I were you  never part with it . Especially for some old surround receiver .None of them can come even close to the sound quality that you can get from the sx-1250 . I use to have the big boy denon 5800 surround receiver while it lasted for a bit it was nowhere near as good sounding as my vintage stereo receiver . If I were you I would consider having your sx1250 serviced by a qualified service center ....
 I have the analog tuner Tivoli table radio in green . It has an excellent tuner section and sounds decent for a table radio . Kudos to Henry Kloss on his reworking of his classic KLH table radio of yore .It seems that everyone who hears it likes it. But mine is just a radio with a mini jack input for an external source .
 Yeah I did run through the ear expo room and it was strange that I did not see any lcd4s there . They did have a number of lcd3s and lcdxs but no lc4 hmmm. The atc room was pretty interesting but they were playing passive designs at least that is what it looked like to me . But they were still pretty dynamic sounding at least with the source material they were using for the demo. Oh they mentioned that atc was going to have a seminar about the big boy scm 150 actives at...
 I love atcs too specifically their active monitors . I am a big fan of them and have been using actives exclusively for several years now . Of course the atcs are a bit above what is affordable for me . But I did actually hear a pair of active scm 100s years ago . Wow now that was enlightening . The sound was very dynamic and lifelike in many ways . But some would not like the analytical presentation they present . But after I heard them I had to join the crowd . I have...