or Connect

Posts by dlhen68

A big part of the comfort issue for me is the shape of the pads. Oval is the way to go, especially if you have long ears. I hate my lobes being squished. The entire Beyer (full size) line uses round cups, as do so many others. That's why I finally sold (reluctantly) my 990s. My main go-to cans are now the Senn HD600s and the Shure 1540s; both have nicely shaped oval cups. For portable on-ear, I have the Beyer 1350s. Sonically, the "shouty" quality seems to have diminished...
I have a jumbo head. Hats seldom fit me, etc. The 1540s are just about right. I do have to nudge them a bit on occasion. Also, my head kind of peaks toward the back on top. If I tried to place the headband right on that peak, these things would NOT fit. If I rotate the band forward to the slightly flatter part of my head and extend the sliders all the way...bingo.
The 1540s are just about right for me. I have a large head and use them fully extended. So they just barely fit...
I owned both. I sold both. For me, the sound signature on the NADS was superior to the P7s. The fit of the NADS didn't cut it. The cups were too shallow and my ears pressed against the drivers. As for the P7s, I found them to have a nasty push in the lower treble that I just couldn't abide. For a closed can, I've found the Shure 1540s to be a good balance of fit and sound. They also push the lower treble, but it doesn't "spike" like the P7s. Oddly, within a month, both of...
Well, I could have left out the "hundred bucks" part since the IEMs in question shorted out after the warranty had expired. I take very good care of my stuff, and was quite miffed when they went sideways. They were very expensive and the offending wires weren't replaceable. So, yes, Shure perhaps did me a "favor" by charging me a century note for a replacement. However, I find it unacceptable for the company to simply ignore my request to consider reimbursing me for the...
Thanks, Delance26. I'll get over it (and continue to enjoy the 'phones). It's just that I already pushed the budget envelope with the initial purchase. Within four weeks, the jacks came apart (I've never had this happen to a jack, much less two within a week of each other!) Then it was time to shell out more money. This bad taste in my mouth will eventually subside. No more Shures for me though...
In an older post someone mentioned the "great" warranties on Shure products. A few years ago they replaced a defective pair of IEMs for me...at a cost of a hundred dollars. This most recent episode with the TWO defective headphone jacks ended up costing me seventy bucks. First I had to have my receiver repaired (as I mentioned, the tip of the defective jack was lodged inside), plus Shure doesn't pay for shipping the defective item. Other companies I've dealt with provide a...
I'll be keeping both. I think they compliment each other. Plus, I wanted a closed back option. But the breakage of both the mini jack and the larger adapter is downright bizarre. Really disappointing. For half-a-thousand dollars, these issues shouldn't exist.
I received my Shure SRH1540s about two months ago. Here are my impressions:   My initial reaction was that they sounded a bit “cold” compared to my Sennheiser HD600s. I was perplexed by all the talk about the accentuated bass. Yes, there is bass, but I really didn’t hear it as emphatic. In fact it seemed a bit light. The HD600s have an overall warmer signature (to my ears).   The 1540s also seemed to be slightly “hollow” sounding (again, compared to the 600s). Hard...
Yes, a bit of pivoting would be nice, however they are pretty close to just right. Mine are extended all the way. Fascinating how different ears hear things...differently!