or Connect

Posts by ostewart

I never was impressed by the Flare Audio R2A, not worth the price. The bass is full and fun, but I prefer the balanced and detailed sound of the FAD. The Flare is fun and bouncy, full and bassy. FAD is detailed, smooth and balanced.
 The Espressivo is a cracking amp for the money, excellent value for money. Get some Voskhod tubes and it works even better for very little money.I am getting the Elise on loan from Feliks Audio and will report back, as I can borrow some T1 2nd Gens to use it with :)
 Got a message from Mark, unfortunately he won't be attending so there won't be a Schiit stand, but some other exhibitors will have some Schiit products with their gear.
 Indeed, Mark at Highendworkshop deals with Mrspeaker and Schiit and others, so he will likely be there with Schiit along with Mrspeakers equipment
http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-662-evo/reviews/16386
I converted the album I have in 24/192 to 24/96 and now it plays fine.   My Opus #1 freezes after 3 tracks when playing 24/192, over optical or just playing normal without anything attached.   Anyone else have issues playing 24/192 albums?
Get an external Phono pre-amp and plug the turntable in to that, then in to the CD input on the amp, as it sounds like a problem with the inbuilt phono pre-amp of your amplifier.
I have a review coming out shortly on these, they are really fun to listen to and excellent value for money.
Mine plays 24/192kHz over optical fine (Matrix Quattro II DAC), but I still have the issue of it hanging after 3 songs. So I shall downsample and see if it works at 24/96kHz.
I started my journey with a Nikon D3200, kit lens,   Went to a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens which was awesome for a budget setup.   Got a taste for Gig photography, went up to a Nikon D600 with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 and a Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8.   What a great piece of kit, I loved it, easy to use but quite bulky, the image quality in low light was incredible.   Then my ex-girlfriend came back in to my life, and time for hobbies got less, I already have RC cars and...