or Connect

Posts by ostewart

Edit.. fixed
 Sneaked in a listen of 1 song, out of my measly OnePlus Two, and it sounds incredible. Not as much bass slam as the DT 1770, more linear but also not harsh, just very detailed. The bass is very controlled and extends with ease, and without excessive bloat, the mids may be a tiny bit recessed, but I will listen out of my headphone amps later.
Interest Check and potential sale   Purchased mid last year, has a few hours on it but probably not more than 150-200, comes with stock tubes and also some Voskhod driver tubes,   Excellent condition, well looked after and overall a beautiful tube amp.   I can send you the invoice upon sale,   Shipping UK only, price includes postage but not paypal fees.
The eagle has landed, I shall post first brief impressions this evening, at work with only my phone on me currently.   They look better in person than in the photos, the fine mesh in the open holes is very nice, and they feel very sturdy with a mainly metal construction.   The pads are interesting, both Velour but different material on the back and different amount of holes.
Listening to a bit of Dream Theater on my TH-500rp's, this amp is definitely something special...
The hum seems to have disappeared, I shall see if it returns
Hi I would just like to add my 2 cents,   Mojo:   TECHNICAL SPECS: Output Power @ 1kHz 600 ohms 35mW 8 ohms 720mW Output Impedance: 0.075 ohms Dynamic Range: 125dB THD @ 3v - 0.00017%   Now 35mW at 600 Ohm (T1) is not a lot...   As others suggested you really need a dedicated desktop amp to got with high end headphones like that, tube or solid state providing it outputs enough power.   I have listened to both versions of the T1 and they work very well...
 Yeah they have all been tested and come with numbers of where to install them, I'll have a quick play around this evening after work, but there is definite hum on one side, and changing the front tubes changes the channel of the hum. Don't have another amp to test it on unfortunately, but I'm leaving the amp playing all day today and will report back.
So got my Elise all set up, it's more tubey sounding than the Espressivo. But I have hum in one channel, first it was the left channel so I changed the rear tubes and still there, changed the front tubes around and it swapped to the right side, Do you think I have a dud tube or may it settle whilst burning in?
My Elise is at home waiting for me...