Posts by ostewart

So you think it's wrong for a manufacturer to try and control the pricing? Are you aware of how most businesses work? Also it is rarely the manufacturer that tries to control the pricing, it is more the distributor. Either way I do not agree with your very vocal statement about how you think beyerdynamic should run their very successful business (family owned, been around for a long long time, so they must be doing ok).Also Amazon tracks pricing from other websites and...
People seem to be going on about the build, the 1990 only has a metal faceplate, not the whole cup. And the headband is synthetic leather and both pairs of pads are velour. The Amiron uses alcantara, which if I'm right, is more expensive to produce than synthetic leather and velour. Also the cable argument, yes the 1990 come with 2, but they are single sided and not wired for balanced use, I personally prefer the dual sided cable. Just some thoughts anyway... And I had...
Had some fun with long exposures, with the Amiron and my Feliks audio Espressivo (drives them really well).          
 Thank you for the info, so what would you pick if the DT990 + T1 drivers was half the price of the Amiron? Worth it over the Amiron, or just get the Amiron? How close is DT990 with T1 drivers to stock T1?
I would get DT880's and put T1 drivers in them, as I know a guy who has some T1 drivers I could use (fairly simple swap). Or get the Amiron... Still undecided.
Borrowed the Amiron from work for the weekend, you just forget they are on your head. So comfortable, and the sound is very pleasant, it has enough detail without harshness, everything is there, the bass has nice depth, the highs have enough presence and airiness.   Very well done in my opinion. I'm selling my Hifiman HE-500 due to the weight of them, I love the sound but don't use them enough due to comfort issues, I will then pick up a pair of comfier headphones, these...
I'm also using Mullard's, they are very smooth, and more refined than the stock tubes. The stock ones are a bit fuller but less refined.
I would have to disagree with this statement. SE on all opus players is very very close to the performance of the balanced output.
Hi guys, I bought these 2nd hand off here, and they don't get enough use for me to justify keeping them. I really do love the sound but I think it's time to downgrade. They are in very good condition with no cosmetic flaws that I can see. They currently have some German Maestro velour pads installed, but come with both the stock velours and stock pleather pads. Also included is the stock cable and box, the box is a little tatty on the outside. Installed is a custom...
None, I was not offered anything. I am in the process of reviewing a loan unit, but get nothing in return, just good to let people know when discounts are available.