or Connect

Posts by ostewart

I just joined the club, lusted after the HE-6 since I first heard it about 3 years ago, but they don't come up for sale often and still cost a lot, so I settled for the HE-6's little brother. Will be using the Feliks Audio Elise to drive them, also have a Matrix Audio HPA-2C which will possibly drive them too. Shall see
Hopefully mine will be on my name badge, but if not it's fairly easy to tell who I am, ostewart = Oscar Stewart
 AKT5p have a fixed cable, don't know sonic differences though,
 The AKT5p are based on the original T5p, so they are different than the T5p 2nd Generation.
Nebula Two (dual driver hybrid design) has been released too, mine at sat at home with my AAW Q, in the backlog for review. Should really give them a listen.
I thought we will have our names on our lanyards?   Can't remember though,   My Feliks Audio Elise will be there powering some Beyers, unfortunately not open to testing with other headphones though (but you can test it with DT 1990 Pro, DT 1770 Pro, T1 2nd Gen and T5p 2nd Gen)
 They used to use leather and have changed to high quality protein coated synthetic leather, reason being it is more consistent quality wise, longer lasting and also it does not suffer from drying out or becoming sticky due to hair grease and sweat etc... They use very nice quality pleather though, you won't be disappointed.
 You should grab a listen to the DT 1990 when you can, they sound great out of Elise, I say they are halfway between T1 and T1 2nd Generation, slightly less refined maybe but a very flat and neutral sound, with excellent detail retrieval and no famous Beyer peak (DT 880's anyone) I'll let you know how the T1 2nd Generation pair with it.
 I cannot compare to those headphones unfortunately as I have not heard them, but the soundstage isn't as airy as the T90 due to better more solid bass response, but the accuracy of the imaging depth and height wise is excellent, there is a perfect amount of air between everything. They have an engaging sound, so not like you are halfway back in a concert hall, more front row, but what I appreciate is on recordings with good ambience (The Appleseed Cast - Two...
Not sure whether to use it with T1 2nd gen or DT 1990 Pro yet, might have to demo on the day and see what pairing I prefer.Selling Espressivo in the event that I buy Elise, need some monies