or Connect

Posts by ostewart

I ran the T1 2nd Generation from the Elise at CanJam London and it attracted quite a bit of attention, with a wider soundstage than the Beyer A2 amp, it is smoother sounding also, but still lets the detail through. A very good and enjoyable pairing that can be improved by changing the stock valves for some more detailed ones. So the Elise offers a smooth and very wide sound, with plenty of power also.
My Elise did well at CanJam London and still has the stock tubes, I have got to write the review at some point but the Elise is so enjoyable. Unfortunately i cannot afford to keep her, and after reviewing I will have to send her back and stick with my trusty Espressivo.
Great shots and show so far, had a great time, everyone is friendly as usual and see you all tomorrow.
 I wonder if you'll bump in to anyone famous this year, another picture of a celebrity sporting HE-1000's will be up shortly I bet
 Only did a quick test listening to them out of my phone (amps really bring out the best in them) The pads do change the sound quite a bit, I prefer the balanced vs analytical pads, as they do sound more balanced. The analytical ones accentuate the upper mids, and highs while taming the lows and they sound quite cold with the analytical pads on. Again this was their aim, so they do what they are supposed to, but my preferred sound is the balanced. With the balanced pads...
Hi all,   Username: ostewart   I have quite a backlog but could make some time to review this and compare to the Opus #1   I have 1more triple drivers, Lear NS-U1, Inearz P350, Fostex T50rp, AAW Nebula 2 and more,   Past reviews: just look on www.soundperfectionreviews.com it's easier.   Come say hi to me at CanJam too
 They change with amplification and sound a lot better when amped. I'll let the guys at CanJam compare the soundstage, it's not as wide as the T1, or the Hifiman HE-500, but it has very good imaging, they are not closed sounding by a long shot though.
 I'm really not that good, Haven't done any in a while, https://www.flickr.com/photos/135742064@N05/albums I also run www.soundperfectionreviews.com which is the main reason I got a good camera, for review photos.
 I normally use a Panasonic Lumix G7 (downgraded from a full frame Nikon D600 / 24-70 f2.8) but this photo was a quick snap with my Oneplus Two phone, all about the lighting and focus point :)
Is it the DT 770 headband pad that works on the HE-500, or would the HD650 headband pad be better?   Thanks,